The fried pancake of your dreams. They are like a heavenly mix of a donut and a pancake. Heat a skillet over medium to medium-high heat. Pour in enough oil to just barely cover the bottom of the pan.
If you're a pancake lover, this is what dreams are made of! Get this recipe by clicking "Show more" below. Female hand lays out pancakes from cottage cheese in frying pan. You can cook The fried pancake of your dreams using 13 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of The fried pancake of your dreams
- Prepare 1 of chives pancake (recipe: Perfect Pancake).
- You need 5 tbsp of breadcrumbs.
- It’s 5 tbsp of all purpose flour.
- You need 1 of egg.
- Prepare of Cucumber pickles for garnish.
- It’s of For Filling.
- It’s 50 g of cold cut meat (of your choice).
- It’s 50 g of curd.
- It’s Half of sweet red pepper.
- You need of Little salt.
- You need of Little oil for frying.
- You need of For frying.
- You need of Generous amount of oil.
Using a slotted spoon or skimmer, remove the pancakes from the fat and drain Keep warm. Preparation Peel potatoes and grate in a food processor fitted with coarse-shredding disk. Learn the simple tips and tricks to make pancakes light and fluffy on the inside and golden brown on the outside. Use a ladle, measuring cup, or squeeze bottle to portion out the batter.
The fried pancake of your dreams step by step
- Firstly you need one of my Perfect Pancakes. Make the filling for it. On little oil fry the cold cut meat, which you already cut in small pieces, and also fry the sweet red pepper.
- Mix them with the curd and all little salt if needed.
- Fill the pancake carefully, put filling in a square shape, in the middle of pancake only. First fold the left and right side inside. Then fold from top and bottom..
- Cover the pancake carefully in flour, best way is to let the pancake be in a box and slowly pour flour on one side, then flip it carefully. Repeat with beaten salted egg. Also repeat with breadcrumbs.
- Now comes the deep freezer of your fridge. Freeze the pancake for around 4 hours. This is important, otherwise it will open up while frying and lose its pretty shape..
- Lastly, fry in generous amount of hot oil, flipping it gently several times during the process to fry both sides. This will ensure that the filling will be heated up too. Serve with sweet pickled cucumbers..
- I used the other half of the sweet red pepper like this: i cut it into slices, put them in a pan with little hot oil, and i devided one beaten and gently salted egg between them. Plus i added one fresh basil leaf in the middle of each..
Make a small test pancake first to check the heat of your pan; adjust the temperature up or down as needed. What kind of pancake batter do you want to use? Aunt Jemima mix is a complete pancake mix, meaning you need only add water. Everything else is already in the mix. I like to substitute a small portion of the It should immediately rise up and become the fluffy pancake of your dreams.