Whole-wheat coconut and almond biscotti. These are based on the classic biscotti de Prato, but they are much less sweet and made with whole wheat flour and almond flour. My whole biscotti obsession started with this family recipe for Italian Almond Biscotti. Simple and great tasting -it will quickly become one of your favorites.
Made with whole wheat and oat flours, this whole grain biscotti is a nourishing backpack or breakfast snack. Mix in almonds and dried fruits or chocolate chips ( if desired ). Stir in combined flours, salt and baking powder. You can cook Whole-wheat coconut and almond biscotti using 8 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Whole-wheat coconut and almond biscotti
- Prepare 2 1/4 cup of whole wheat flour.
- It’s 1 cup of all-purpose flour.
- You need 1/2 cup of vegetable oil.
- It’s 3/4 cup of sugar.
- It’s 1 tbsp of baking powder.
- You need 1 tbsp of almond extract.
- It’s 3 of eggs.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of coconut shavings.
Whole Wheat Cinnamon Chip Almond Biscotti is perfectly paired with coffee or hot chocolate, but excellent alone as well! Whisk together the flour and almond flour in a separate bowl. Add the flour mix to the wet ingredients, mixing to combine. In a food processor combine whole-wheat flour, almond meal, coconut flour, both sugars, coconut, baking soda, powder, and salt.
Whole-wheat coconut and almond biscotti step by step
- Preheat oven to 190℃ and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine eggs, oil, sugar and almond extract in a medium bowl.
- In another bowl, combine whole-wheat flour, all purpose flour, baking powder and coconut shavings.
- Combine these two mixtures, forming a dough.
- Separate dough in two. Place these two sets of dough onto the parchment paper in two long 'log' shapes..
- Bake the mixture for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Leave 'logs' to cool for 10-15 minutes.
- Using a serrated knife, cut into 1cm thick slices.
- Lay slices flat on the baking sheet and bake for another 10-15 minutes, turning them every 5 minutes.
Place on a lined baking sheet. Brush with a little heavy cream, sprinkle with coconut and top each scone with one almond. These cookies render the flavors of an Almond Joy candy bar—almond, chocolate, and coconut—in biscotti form. They keep and pack well, making them great for gift-giving. Paleo, grain-free biscotti made with coconut flour & almond flour!