You can have Madurito Sammies using 10 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Madurito Sammies
- Prepare 1 of Ripe Plantain.
- Prepare 1 can of Black Beans.
- You need 2 tbsp of EVOO.
- Prepare 2 tsp of Minced Garlic.
- It’s 1 pinch of Salt.
- You need 1 cup of Morningstar Veggie Crumbles.
- You need 1/4 cup of Chopped Tomatoes.
- You need 2 tbsp of Chopped white onion.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Chopped Green Pepper.
- Prepare 1 can of Tomato sauce no salt added.
Madurito Sammies step by step
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Slice ripe plantain into 1/2" thick slices and place onto pan coated with nonstick spray. Cook in oven for 10 minutes than flip and cook another 10 minutes or until brown and crispy. Remove from oven and let cool..
- Blend black beans, half of EVOO, half of minced garlic and salt in blender until hummus like texture is reached. Set aside..
- Place remaining EVOO in frying pan on medium to high eat and sauté minced garlic, white onion and green peppers until onions are translucent and aroma is strong. Add veggie crumbles and stir. Add tomatoes and cover frying pan with lid. Change heat to medium low and Let simmer for five minutes. Remove lid and return heat to medium high and add no salt added tomato sauce. It is your option to dry out the tomato sauce into veggie crumbles or leave it wet..
- On a serving dish, place baked Maduros on plate. Grab a butter knife and smooth black bean hummus over baked Maduro. Top with 1/2 TBSP of Veggie "Picadillo" and serve..