Vegan Amaranth, Dates and Almond Laddoo.
You can cook Vegan Amaranth, Dates and Almond Laddoo using 6 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Vegan Amaranth, Dates and Almond Laddoo
- It’s 1/2 cup of Amaranth or Rajgira.
- You need 1/2 cup of Good quality dates.
- Prepare Pinch of Powdered cardamom.
- It’s 8 to 10 of Almonds; coarsely chopped.
- Prepare 8 to 10 of Almonds; powdered.
- It’s 1 tsp of Coconut oil.
Vegan Amaranth, Dates and Almond Laddoo step by step
- Place 1/2 cup amaranth and 1 1/2 cups of water in a pan. Bring it to a boil and let it simmer for 7-10 minutes. When the amaranth has absorbed a little bit of water and looked slightly cooked, add the finitely chopped dates. Continue to cover and cook for another 5 minutes adding more water if required..
- When the amaranth is cooked to the desired softness, add the cardamom powder and oil and cook it in medium heat for everything to come together with most water dried up. Add the chopped and powdered almonds; mix well and turn off the heat..
- Let the mixture cool completely. Grease your palms with a little bit of oil, take small bits of the sweet amaranth mixture, roll it between your palms to make little balls..
- It’ll be very soft and sticky so take care while handling it. Decorate them with small pieces of almonds. You can serve them right away or let them chill in the refrigerator for a couple of hours for all the flavors to develop well..