Sauteed Dill Summer Squash.
You can cook Sauteed Dill Summer Squash using 7 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Sauteed Dill Summer Squash
- You need 1 1/2 pounds of (approximately) summer squash.
- You need 3/4 of medium onion.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of dried dill or 1 bunch fresh.
- You need 1 of black pepper to taste.
- It’s 1 of salt to taste.
- It’s 1 of garlic powder (optional).
- You need 1 of oil.
Sauteed Dill Summer Squash instructions
- Clean and slice your onion. I like about 1/4 inch slices..
- Break the onion slices into rings..
- Clean and tip (cut off ends) of your squash.
- Slice the squash into about 1/4 inch slices.
- Oil a skillet, you can use spray, couple tablespoons of butter (yum) or oil..
- My wife doesn't like the onions too crisp, I do, so you have a choice here. I like to add the squash and onions at the same time. This results in a less cooked onion. But to appease my wife, and make the onions softer, I added them first and cook until translucent. Try the add all the ingredients at once. The slightly crispier onions is my choice..
- Add the squash, black pepper and salt. Stir frequently..
- After cooking squash for about 1 minute, add dill and optional garlic powder. If you have access to fresh dill, chop it and use it..
- Cook about 4-5 minutes, stirring all the time. You want the squash still under done, or crisp, not soft. I would say half done. I think under is better in this case..