Surprise Plantain Porridge. plantain porridge is easy to make, Learn how I made this plus all the ingredients used for making a delicious meal out of plantain. I used fish and goat meat, tomatoes etc. These plantains cooked in water and palm oil and loaded with ethnic flavours is one of my favourite one-pot dishes of all time.
Leave your COMMENT below and let us know any other recipes. I mentioned preparing and eating unripe plantain the other day in my one of my post and some were surprised that they eat such so I decided to do a post about how to prepare unripe plantain porridge. Unripe Plantain Porridge gives you all the benefits of cooking plantain in its most nutritional form. You can have Surprise Plantain Porridge using 10 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Surprise Plantain Porridge
- It’s of It's so Good…
- You need 1 cup of plantain, green.
- You need 1 cup of carrot, chopped.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of cinnamon, ground.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of nutmeg, ground.
- You need 1 pinch of salt.
- You need 1 tbsp of vanilla essence.
- Prepare 6 cup of water.
- You need 1/4 cup of coconut milk powder.
- You need 1 2/3 cup of sweetened condensed milk.
Learn how you can include this meal in your weekly menu. Healthy, gluten-free, oat-free paleo plantain porridge in a bowl. Creamy, dreamy porridge makes for a comforting meal made easy. This breakfast will give you energy, a nice dose of healthy fiber.
Surprise Plantain Porridge instructions
- Bring 2 cups of water to a boil. Reduce heat to medium and add the salt, vanilla, nutmeg, cinnamon, Coconut Milk Powder..
- In the mean time, pour 4 cups water into a blender, add the Plantain and carrot. Blend until smooth..
- Pour the Plantain mixture into a pot with the spices, stir continuously (to avoid lumps) until thickens..
- Continue cooking for another 10 minutes, then sweeten with Sweetened Condensed Milk, adjust sweetness as desired..
How to cook simple porridge with beans and plantain. Image source: gettyimages.com Source This porridge made out of beans and plantain is a perfect satiating vegetarian or even vegan meal but if. Nigerian Plantain Porridge is a rich meal that all plantain lovers will surely enjoy. It can be prepared with either ripe or unripe plantains or a combination of both. Even if you're not a plantain lover, you.