You can cook Elisa's Tostones using 4 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Elisa's Tostones
- You need 2 of Green Plantain.
- It’s 1 of water.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Garlic Powder.
- You need 1 tbsp of Salt.
Elisa's Tostones step by step
- Peel and cut the plantains in 1 inch rounds..
- Place them in a bowl and add the water, salt and garlic, let it sit for about 2 hours..
- Remove the plantains and place them in paper towel..
- Heat a frying pan with oil and fry the plantain, don't let them get crispy or golden, just cook them and remove from oil..
- Using a "tostonera" or just a mug and a plate, crush the plantain, one by one..
- Fry the again until the get a nice color and remove from oil..
- Serve and enjoy!!!.