Tostones. Recipe for making tostones as it's done in Puerto Rico, Dominica Republic and other Caribbean islands. Tostones is a delicious fried snack similar to potato. All Reviews for Puerto Rican Tostones (Fried Plantains).
Jump To Recipe • Print Recipe. Arepitas de Maiz (Cornmeal Fritters) is a delectable side dish that can also be served as hors d'oeuvres, and is easy and quick to make. Tostones or Patacones are crispy double-fried plantains that are enjoyed throughout the different Latin American countries. You can cook Tostones using 4 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Tostones
- Prepare 2 of plantains.
- You need 1 tbs of salt.
- It’s 2 cups of water.
- Prepare of Vegetable oil.
Be the first to write a review! 🎦 Tostones. Welcome to Tostones Inc! come see what we can make with Plantains! Welcome to Tostones Inc a crispy bed of tostones, lined with cabbage, meat topping of your choice & topped with Pico de Gallo. Easy recipe for homemade patacones or tostones, a popular Latin American appetizer or side dish made with twice fried slices of green plantains.
Tostones step by step
- Cut plantains on each end. Cut down length of plantain. Peel plantain SLOWLY. Cut one inch apart at the diagonal. Rinse in saltwater.
- Put vegetable oil in a pan and fill to cover half of plantain. Heat vegetable oil until a light bubble. **ATTENTION: Water and Oil do not mix well. Take caution when adding to pan** place plantain flat in pan. Leave until golden, flipping as needed..
- Smash plantains. Place back in oil. Heat to Med-High. Flip as needed until golden brown. (If you do not have a tool to do this, smash it between insides of plantain peels).
- Top with salt, oil and garlic, chicken soup, whatever you like. They're like french fries..
Tostones are crispy, savory, salty, golden coins of pure deliciousness. Popular throughout the Caribbean, twice-fried plantains are a snack that will make you feel like you're walking on sunshine. Tostones con queso was my favorite food when I stayed in Ometepe island in Nicaragua last February. Here's a watercolor, wordless comic illustrating how to make tostones con queso. The wait was a li." The Best Garlic Sauce Tostones Recipes on Yummly