Vegan Carrot Cake. Moist, rich vegan carrot cake with a wholesome flavor and gorgeous color. Topped with lemon buttercream frosting and crushed walnuts. This vegan carrot cake recipe is a riff on my mom's traditional recipe.
This vegan carrot cake recipe hits all of the right notes and is made with everyday ingredients. I can't tell you this cake is healthy, raw, or gluten-free, but I can tell you it's delicious and easy to make. It's perfectly spiced with a super moist crumb and is smothered in decadent, ultra-creamy vegan cream cheese frosting. You can have Vegan Carrot Cake using 18 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Vegan Carrot Cake
- Prepare 3 cups of all-purpose flour.
- It’s 2 cup of granulated sugar.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of vanilla plant-based protein powder.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of salt.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of pumpkin pie spice.
- It’s 2 teaspoon of baking soda.
- It’s 1 1/2 cups of walnuts.
- It’s 2/3 cup of vegetable oil.
- It’s 2 cup of cold water.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar.
- You need 2 teaspoons of vanilla.
- You need 2 cups of chopped carrots.
- Prepare of Vegan Cream Cheese Frosting:.
- You need 8 of 0 z container vegan cream cheese.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of vegan butter.
- Prepare 2-3 cups of powdered sugar.
- Prepare of additional walnuts for garnish.
Delicious and moist vegan carrot cake. This simple recipe is plant-based (dairy-free, egg-free), gluten-free, and easy to make! It has a sugar-free icing which is furthermore keto-friendly. This homemade vegan carrot cake recipe is ultra moist and delicious!
Vegan Carrot Cake step by step
- Heat your oven to 350Spray two round cake pans with vegetable spray. You can also place a piece of parchment paper at the bottom of the pans and spray the sides with vegetable oil..
- Combine in a large mixing bowl the flour, sugar, vanilla protein powder, salt, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, and baking soda. Stir to combine. Set aside..
- Place walnuts on a baking pan and toast for 5 minutes. Be careful not to cook too long because they will burn. Remove from the oven and allow to cool before chopping. Stir half of the walnuts into the flour mixture..
- In a smaller bowl combine the vegetable oil, water, vinegar and vanilla. Stir to combine..
- Add the chopped carrots to a food processor and pulse several times to shred the carrots. Pour the shredded carrots into the vegetable oil mixture. Stir to combine. Pour this into the flour mixture. Stir until combined..
- Pour the batter into your prepared pans. Bake for 35 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean..
- Allow the cake to cool for about 10 minutes before inverting onto a serving plate. Allow the cakes to cool completely..
- In the meantime make your Vegan Cream Cheese Frosting by combining the vegan cream cheese and vegan butter in a mixing bowl. Mix until light and fluffy. Add the powdered sugar 1/2 cup at a time, until you reach a desired consistency, which should be spreadable but thick..
- Ice the top of one of the cakes. Top with additional chopped, toasted walnuts. Place the second cake on top. Cover the top cake and sides with frosting. Garnish with chopped walnuts..
- Recipe Notes: You can use a 9X13 pan if you prefer that instead of a layered cake. If so, you'll need to bake the cake in a 9X13 pan for about 10 minutes longer. Be sure to use a tester in the center to see if the cake is done..
Vegan Carrot Cake Quick bread loaf with Cashew Cream Frosting. Moist, spiced with Cinnamon and This carrot cake is loaded with shredded carrots and pureed carrots. Vegan Carrot Cake, perfectly spiced and incredibly moist. Once you realize how easy this carrot cake is to make. You'll love this vegan carrot cake recipe for the moist cake and creamy, delicious vegan cream cheese frosting on top.