You can have Challah Bread using 7 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Challah Bread
- You need 6 cups of cake flour.
- You need 2 teaspoons of instant yeast.
- You need 2 teaspoons of salt.
- You need 1/2 cup of vegetable oil.
- You need 2 of eggs.
- Prepare 2 cups of Lukewarm water.
- Prepare 4 tablespoons of sugar.
Challah Bread step by step
- In a large bowl, sprinkle yeast over lukewarm water. Add, oil, 2 eggs, and salt and beat well. Add the flour and knead with hands to a thick soft dough. Knead until smooth and elastic and no longer sticky, adding flour as needed. Cover with a damp clean cloth and let rise for 1 1/2 hours or until dough has doubled in bulk..
- Punch down the risen dough and turn out onto floured board. Divide the dough into 4 equal portions and roll into long snake about 1 1/2 inches in diameter. Pinch the ends of the three snakes together firmly..
- Braid the strands starting with outer most and bring it over the two strands to the third position. Repeat with the other end until the end of the strands. Leave as braid or form into a round braided loaf by bringing ends together, pinch ends together.
- Grease a baking tray and place finished braid. Cover with towel and let rise about one hour.Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Brush with lightly beaten egg. Bake for about 40 minutes. Bread should have a nice hollow sound when thumped on the bottom. Cool on a rack for at least one hour before slicing..