Swedish almond cake. Hi, everyone 🙂 Today we're going to show you how to make a traditional Swedish almond cake, also known as Mandeltårta/Mandeltorta and Almondy(by IKEA). Fika is the Swedish custom of stopping twice daily for coffee, conversation and a little something sweet; the word was created by flipping the. Swedish Almond Cake The month of May is full of Swedish delights, my fellow soulmates and food lovers!
The Swedish Almond Cake recipe out of our category nut torte! Swedish Almond Cake. by: Posie (Harwood) Brien. Swathed in a fluffy custard frosting, it's unusual and perfect for anyone who loves almond flavor. You can cook Swedish almond cake using 13 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Swedish almond cake
- It’s 50 g of butter.
- Prepare 2 of eggs.
- It’s 100 g of caster sugar.
- You need of seeds scraped off 1 vanilla pod or 1 tsp vanilla extract.
- Prepare 2 tbsp. of double cream.
- It’s 100 g of plain flour.
- You need 1 tsp of baking powder.
- It’s of For the topping:.
- You need 30 g of butter.
- It’s 75 g of flaked almonds.
- It’s 25 g of caster sugar.
- You need 1 tsp of plain flour.
- It’s 2 tbsp. of double cream.
Very simple to make, can be doubled and baked in a 'Bundt' pan or as in recipe states to create almond slices. Top tip for making Swedish vanilla and almond cake. This will keep well in an airtight tin for a couple of days. Swedish Almond Cake is amazingly easy to make and is stirred with a spoon, not a mixer.
Swedish almond cake step by step
- Prepare a small 18cm flan or cake tin by brushing it with some of the melted butter. Preheat the oven to 180C/ 350F/gas 4..
- Melt the butter in a small pan. Beat the eggs with the sugar until thick. Add the vanilla and the cream and beat well in. Add the flour mixed with the baking powder and beat in, followed by the butter. Spoon the mix into the tin and bake for 25 minutes until barely firm..
- Melt the butter for the topping in a small pan, add the almonds, flour, sugar and the cream and mix until bubbling. Take the cake out of the oven and turn the heat up to 200C/400F/gas 6. Spoon the almond mix over the cake and return it to the oven for 7-10 minutes..
- Remove from the tin and serve while warm, ideally with a scoop of ice cream or a dollop of lightly whipped cream..
If you use Swedish Almond Cake for gift giving, bake it in a disposable aluminum pie tin. A Swedish soft (mjuk!) butter cake (kaka!) with almond topping. So of course I (very naively) figured that 'tosca' would be 'almonds' in Swedish, but no such luck – it is, rather grandiosely, presumably. This gorgeous almond-topped cake is great to snack on, just on its own – or perhaps with a cup of coffee for your daytime coffee and pastry break, which the Swedish call fika – and you do take a daily. Reviews for: Photos of Swedish Almond Cake.