Baked mac and cheese. He BEST Homemade Mac and Cheese of your LIFE. Outrageously cheesy, ultra creamy, and topped with a crunchy Panko-Parmesan topping, this mac and cheese recipe is most definitely a keeper. I used three different cheese and a homemade cheese sauce to take this macaroni and cheese recipe.
This baked mac and cheese is a family favorite recipe, loved by both children and adults. My version uses a combination of cheeses for a gloriously cheesy dish! Baked Mac and Cheese is the ultimate side dish for any meal made with three cheeses, this classic is perfect for the holidays and for summer cookouts! You can cook Baked mac and cheese using 12 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Baked mac and cheese
- You need 1 lb of large elbow noodles.
- Prepare 32 oz of chicken broth.
- Prepare 1 cup of heavy cream.
- You need 2 of eggs.
- Prepare 1 cup of sour cream.
- It’s 2 cups of sharp cheddar.
- Prepare 1 cup of Monterey jack.
- It’s 1 tsp of onion powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of garlic powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of chili powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of paprika.
- Prepare 1 stick of butter.
Everyone's favorite classic mac and cheese! Super simple, super easy and super quick. You'll never want the boxed stuff ever again! This is the first baked mac and cheese I have made that we could actually eat!
Baked mac and cheese step by step
- Boil elbow noodles in chicken broth to Al dente.
- Mix heavy cream and 2 eggs together in a bowl and set aside.
- Grease your cast iron with butter and preheat oven to 375.
- Drain noodles and stir in butter (sliced), sour cream,seasoning and heavy cream mixture.
- Once incorporated mix 1 cup cheddar and 1/2 cup of Monterey jack.
- Spoon in half of the mixture and layer 1/2 cup cheddar and 1/4 cup Monterey jack.
- Layer in the remaining noodles and cheese. Sprinkle with a dusting of paprika.
- Bake for about 40 minutes or until golden crust forms.
Baked mac and cheese is one of our favorite comfort foods ever! Cheese: Sharp cheddar gives this baked mac and cheese tons of flavor. The addition of gruyere to the cheese sauce in this recipe is next level but of course whatever you have on and will work just do not use pre-shredded cheese. For the best baked mac and cheese, use extra-sharp white cheddar cheese for more flavor. —Shelby Thompson of Dover, Delaware. Even people who have had their own homemade baked macaroni and cheese recipe for years ask for mine when they taste this crumb-topped version.