Alloco( Fried Plantains).
You can cook Alloco( Fried Plantains) using 9 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Alloco( Fried Plantains)
- You need 2 of Plantains.
- You need of tomato sauce.
- You need 4 large of Tomatoes.
- It’s 3 clove of Garlic.
- You need 1/2 large of Onion.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Parsley.
- You need 1/4 large of Green pepper.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Black pepper.
- It’s of Salt.
Alloco( Fried Plantains) instructions
- Wash your ripe plantain and cut the edges.
- Cut the plantains in half like in the pictures.
- With your knife, cut the plantain in small pieces. Minced a small piece of onion (You do not have to add the onion, it's optional. I just like to add it because I think it tastes better with the onion) and add a pinch of salt.
- Put you pan on HI on the stove and pour two cups of vegetables oil in the pan and wait 2-3 minutes for the oil to heat up..
- While waiting for the oil to heat. mix the tomatoes, the onion, the green pepper and the garlic in a mixer. Pour the mixture in a pot. Add the black pepper, salt and parsley. Put the pot on the stove on HI. Wait until all the water evaporate from the mixture and add 1 tablespoons of vegetables oil. wait 3 minutes to remove it from the stove.
- Add the plantain in the oil and wait for about 10-15 minutes until the plantain get that golden color.
- Remove the plantain for the oil and put them in a sieve and wait for about 3-5 minutes for the oil to flow and also allow the plantains to cool down a little bit..
- Serve with you tomato sauce. You can serve the dish with boiled eggs, fried fish, fried chicken or baked chicken. Voila! It's ready.