Baked Falafel. Watch how to make crispy baked falafel in this short video! This recipe produces delicious, crisp-on-the-outside, tender-on-the-inside falafels just like your favorite Middle Eastern restaurant's. If you make this easy baked falafel recipe please be sure to leave a comment and star rating below.
Completely delicious but a spray of oil keeps the calorie count down. The baked falafel keep very well for several days in the fridge. If you haven't tried falafel by now you should definitely try this healthy recipe. You can cook Baked Falafel using 13 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Baked Falafel
- It’s 2 cups of -Dried Chickpeas (soaked overnight and drained).
- Prepare 1 of Large – Onion Chopped.
- It’s 1 cup of – Chopped Coriander leaves.
- It’s 1/2 cup of – Chopped Parsley.
- It’s 5-6 of no – Garlic pods.
- It’s 4-5 of no – Green Chili.
- It’s 1 tsp of – paprika powder.
- You need 1 tsp of – Crushed black pepper.
- Prepare 1.5 tsp of – Cumin Powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of – Coriander Powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of – Baking Powder.
- Prepare to taste of Salt.
- You need of Cooking oil spary.
Falafel is that kind of comforting food which is delicious. Falafel are wonderful tucked inside pita bread alongside lettuce, tomatoes, cucumbers and a drizzle of tahini sauce or yogurt mixed with cucumbers. Jump To Recipe • Print Recipe. This simple baked falafel that only requires five basic ingredients to throw together (featuring my one and only LENTILS) is really.
Baked Falafel instructions
- Pour the chickpeas into a bowl and add enough water into it soak them for overnight.Before Cook Drain and rinse the Chickpeas and transfer them into the food processor..
- Add Coriander leaves, Parsley leaves,Onion Garlic pods, Green chili, paprika powder, Crushed Black pepper,Cumin powder, Coriander Powder,salt along with chickpeas into the food processor..
- Now blend all the ingredients together until well combined but don’t make it completely smooth paste (the texture should be looks like uneven)..
- Now Transfer the mixture in a bowl add baking powder and give a nice mix with a spatula/ Hand.Now Cover the bowl and refrigerate it for 1-2 hours..
- Now using your hands or scoop or spoon from the Chickpeas mixture gently shape it into balls or patties..
- Place the Falafel balls on parchment paper-lined baking sheet.Spray cooking oil all over the Falafel balls..
- Preheat the oven at 350°F,now place the baking tray in the oven for 20-25 minutes or until the falafel fully cooked,flipping it halfway or as needed…
- Now transfer them in a plate. And serve it warm with humus and a side of pita bread or you can enjoy them plain..
Baked Falafel Recipe: I love falafel. But I really hate frying things. The smell of oil, the mess, the flesh wounds. And the flesh wounds might not let you enjoy your. Baked crispy falafel recipe, healthier and with less calories.