Baked Pork chops with Gravy. However, you can use thick cut pork chops ( you may need to cook thick cut pork chops longer), and you may also use boneless pork chops. If you have pork steaks, you can use them too! I've been on a slow cooker kick, so I slow cook my smothered pork chops.
If your gravy isn't as thick as you like, this might help. Remove the pork chops from the skillet. Place potatoes and onion around pork chops; cover all with gravy mixture. You can cook Baked Pork chops with Gravy using 5 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Baked Pork chops with Gravy
- You need 1 pack of pork chops.
- You need 1 pack of McCormick Mushroom Gravy.
- It’s 1 of seasoning of your choice.
- You need 1 of chopped bell pepper.
- It’s 1 of sliced onion.
Cover pork chops on both sides with FLOUR. When oil is hot, brown pork chops on both sides. Place pork chops in baking dish, and cover with water (the amount of water decides how much gravy you will have, so you decide. This recipe for baked pork chops smothers them in a delicious, creamy onion gravy.
Baked Pork chops with Gravy step by step
- Season pork chops with seasoning of your choice. I like to use salt, pepper, seasoning salt, garlic and onion powder. Cover with chopped bell pepper and onion..
- Add a little water to the bottom of the pan and bake at 350 for 30 minutes.
- When chops are about halfway done, prepare gravy packet per instructions then pour gravy over the chops. Cook another 30 minutes or until desired done-ness..
We combine an easy cooking method (it's all done in one pot!) to brown pork chops, make an easy gravy, and then cook everything all together. It's an easy, satisfying, and oh-so-delicious dinner. Turn the pork chops over, and reduce the heat to low and cover with a lid. Sprinkle pork chops with salt, pepper and garlic powder. On the stove top over medium high heat, brown the pork chops and onion in a skillet with butter.