Challah Bread (Enriched Yeast Dough) # Festive Contest _ Mombasa ).
You can have Challah Bread (Enriched Yeast Dough) # Festive Contest _ Mombasa ) using 9 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Challah Bread (Enriched Yeast Dough) # Festive Contest _ Mombasa )
- Prepare 1 Cup of Lukewarm Milk (Water if preferred).
- Prepare 2 Tsp of instant Yeast.
- It’s 4-4.5 of APF (All Purpose Flour).
- Prepare 1/4 Cup of Sugar.
- You need 2 Tsp of Salt.
- Prepare 2 of large Eggs.
- Prepare 1 of Egg yolk (Reserve whites for brushing).
- You need 1/4 Cup of Canola oil (or any neutral flavored oil).
- You need of Sesame/Chia seeds (optional).
Challah Bread (Enriched Yeast Dough) # Festive Contest _ Mombasa ) step by step
- Dissolve the yeast. IN water, a healthy pinch of sugar and stir. Let it stand till you see a frothy layer across the top 5 – 10mins..
- Mix dry ingredients..
- Add eggs, yolk and oil..
- Mix to form a shaggy dough..
- Knead for about 6- 10 mins.
- Let dough rise till doubled..
- Divide dough and roll into ropes. You can have 3 – 6 ropes. I made 4 ropes..
- Braid the dough. Like braiding yarn, and squeeze them at the end once done..
- Cover with cling flim or a clean kitchen towel and let the challah rise..
- Brush the challah with egg white mixed with a little water or milk and you can top it off with sesame seed/ chia seeds (optional).
- Bake at 180 for 30 -35 mins till browned as desired. Remove and cool before slicing..