Kelewele. Kelewele or Aloco(Spicy Fried Plantains) – African spicy fried ripe plantains that is crunchy on the outside and soft on the inside. Goes well with peanuts and as sides for any protein. Kelewele (Kele-wele) are flavorful fried plantain cubes.
Kelewele is essentially just fried plantains that have been seasoned with a variety of spices and served alongside a stew or But the traditional Ghanaian Kelewele fried plantains are in a world of their own. This Ghanian recipe is served as a dessert. SoundCloud is an audio platform that lets you listen to what you love and share the sounds you create. You can cook Kelewele using 5 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Kelewele
- You need 1/4 of ginger.
- You need 1/2 of hot peppers.
- Prepare 1 pinch of salt or seasons salt.
- It’s 1 cup of oil.
- Prepare 3 of plantains.
Stream Tracks and Playlists from kelewele on your desktop or mobile device. Get a kelewele mug for your mama Riley. Kelewele es un popular aperitivo ghanés un plato de plátanos fritos condimentado con especias. En inglés, se le llama a veces Hot Plantain Crisps.
Kelewele step by step
- follow the steps in the pictures starting bottom up..
- combine ginger pepper and salt in a blender, processor, grinder whatever you have untill it smooth ( please note this is an Africa dish we dont actually measure our ingredients everything should be according to your tolerance level.ie if you can stand the heat use more pepper if you like salt add more salt or less just dont let it over power the ginger).
- you can have it as a side dish with rice or tilapia or as a snack with peanuts enjoy.
En África, el kelewele es vendido por vendedores ambulantes, generalmente de noche. Kelewele is when you take ripe plantains (not overripe), cut them into bite size pieces, and season them with ginger, chili pepper, black pepper (and other spices if you like) and then fry them up in hot oil. This article needs additional citations for verification. Watch short videos about #kelewele on TikTok. kelewele (uncountable). (Ghana) A Ghanaian food made of fried plantains seasoned with spices. El kelewele es un aperitivo africano a base de plátano frito, cortado en rodajas y aromatizado con una mezcla de especias.