Tostones. Recipe for making tostones as it's done in Puerto Rico, Dominica Republic and other Caribbean islands. Tostones is a delicious fried snack similar to potato. All Reviews for Puerto Rican Tostones (Fried Plantains).
Jump To Recipe • Print Recipe. Arepitas de Maiz (Cornmeal Fritters) is a delectable side dish that can also be served as hors d'oeuvres, and is easy and quick to make. Tostones or Patacones are crispy double-fried plantains that are enjoyed throughout the different Latin American countries. You can cook Tostones using 3 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Tostones
- You need 1 large of green plantain.
- You need 1 of vegetable oil.
- Prepare 1 of salt.
Be the first to write a review! Welcome to Tostones Inc! come see what we can make with Plantains! Welcome to Tostones Inc a crispy bed of tostones, lined with cabbage, meat topping of your choice & topped with Pico de Gallo. Easy recipe for homemade patacones or tostones, a popular Latin American appetizer or side dish made with twice fried slices of green plantains.
Tostones step by step
- Heat oil in a fry pan enough to cover bottom of pan completely.
- peel plantain & cut into 1-1/2 " chunks.
- fry until golden brown on all sides.
- remove from oil on to a plate with papertowels to drain excess oil.
- take a glass & press all chunks flat..
- put back into oil & fry for a couple minutes on each side. season with salt.
These Baked Tostones or twice "Fried" Plantains aren't fried at all, they are baked in the oven which makes them a healthy side dish or appetizer! Tostones are crispy, savory, salty, golden coins of pure deliciousness. Popular throughout the Caribbean, twice-fried plantains are a snack that will make you feel like you're walking on sunshine. Tostones con queso was my favorite food when I stayed in Ometepe island in Nicaragua last February. Here's a watercolor, wordless comic illustrating how to make tostones con queso.