Mediterranean Pita Dinner, homemade: hummus, ground lamb and olive pate.. Ground meat is generally underrated in the gourmet dinner category, but ask any Greek yiayia Pita-Okay, so I'll say we use pita here in place of buns, not because buns are evil, but to keep in line with the Greek theme. Homemade tzatziki sauce is super easy to make, find my recipe and tutorial here. Hummus with Lamb (Hummus B'lahmeh) is one of my favourite Middle Eastern starters.
Our recipes include pictures, are easy to follow, and can be saved to your recipe box. Get delicious ground lamb recipes including ground lamb, leg of lamb, lamb noodle stroganoff, lamb chops and more ground lamb recipes. The Best Ground Lamb Greek Recipes on Yummly You can cook Mediterranean Pita Dinner, homemade: hummus, ground lamb and olive pate. using 31 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Mediterranean Pita Dinner, homemade: hummus, ground lamb and olive pate.
- Prepare 1 of chopped Lettuce.
- It’s 2 of diced fresh tomatoes.
- It’s of Hummus.
- Prepare 16 oz of chickpeas.
- You need 1 of salt.
- Prepare 1 of pepper.
- You need 1 of Olive oil.
- It’s 1 of fresh basil.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of dry oregano.
- It’s 2 of fresh lemons juice.
- Prepare 1 clove of garlic.
- Prepare 1/2 of beef bouillon.
- You need of Ground Lamb.
- It’s 1 lb of Ground Lamb.
- Prepare 1/2 of onion.
- You need 1 clove of garlic.
- It’s 1 of coconut oil.
- It’s 2 tsp of Berbere powder.
- You need 2 tsp of curry.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of paprika.
- It’s 4 oz of red wine.
- You need of Olive Pate.
- You need 6 oz of green olives.
- Prepare 6 oz of black olives.
- You need 2 clove of garlic.
- Prepare 6 of fresh basil leaves.
- It’s 2 tsp of Balsamic vinegar.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of dry oregano.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Red chili powder.
- It’s 1 tbsp of choppe fresh parsley.
- You need 1 of salt, pepper, EVOO.
Sprinkle with paprika and serve immediately with pita. Apply the hummus on the pita. Kalamata and other olives in extra virgin olive oil and herbs. Savoury ground beef and lamb grilled meatballs.
Mediterranean Pita Dinner, homemade: hummus, ground lamb and olive pate. instructions
- cover the chickpeas in cold water, let rest in a bowl for 7-8 hours.
- Drain chickpeas. In a pot cover them in water, add the half bouillon, bring to quick boil, then turn heat to low and cook about 30 minutes, until tender. Drain them, save about 4 oz. of the water and let rest at room temperature. This can be done on advance.
- In a blender, add the chickpeas and all the ingredients for the hummus. Add the cooking water as needed to reduce thickness. Careful with the olive oil, add a little at a time, blend and keep going. Hummus should be thick but not a dense paste. Refrigerate about 30 minutes.
- Now that you are done with the hummus, do the same to make the olive pate: blend the ingredients, and carefully drizzle olive oil into it. If you pour the oil too fast, the pate will break. Pate should be thinly grounded, not a paste, and moist with oil. Refrigerate 30 minutes..
- Looking good, now onto the lamb. Heat a pan, add about 3/4 tablespoon of coconut oil, saute the onion over medium to high heat. After 3 minutes add the minced garlic clove. After a minute add the lamb, stir. Add all the spices to the lamb. Now the lamb should get brown quickly, but it looks like it needs some liquid. Hence, the red wine, pour it and let evaporate, a few minutes..
- Time to serve: I like to quickly heat the pita bread tom make it warm in a pan, no oil or butter, nothing. Just heat 30 seconds each side. In separate serving bowls place the lettuce, the tomatoes and the pate. In large serving plate, place the ground lamb in the center, surround it with the hummus, add a couple of basil leaves to garnish and open a good bottle of red wine. Buon appetito!.
These Sandwiches are similar to Doner Kebabs of Turkey and Shawarma of Middle East. By The Good Housekeeping Test Kitchen. While you most certainly can pick up a pre-made pack from the store, our homemade hummus recipe, topped with a soft poached egg, is the stunner of the brunch table. Lunch, dinner, groceries, office supplies, or anything else: Postmates delivers from all your favorites A seasoned blend of ground beef, parsley, and onions. Charbroiled and topped with hummus Delicious layers of toasted pita, eggplant, marinated lamb and beef, topped with homemade yogurt.