Patacones (Basic). Patacones, also called tostones, are green plantains that are flattened before being fried. They are often served with hogao, a creole sauce. For an extra special treat, eat the patacones with a thin slice of queso blanco (salty white cheese) on top.
Patacones or Tostones are made from green plantains peeled and cut cross-wise. Remove the patacones with slotted spoon and transfer them to a plate lined with paper towels to absorb oil. The basic topping for patacones in Colombia is hogao, a tomato creole sauce. You can have Patacones (Basic) using 4 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Patacones (Basic)
- Prepare of Anytime side.
- Prepare 1 of Green Plantain.
- It’s 1 of Oil.
- It’s 1 of Salt.
But what makes them fun is that you can top them with just about anything you like, even leftovers. Very Panama: beer, patacones, very small & basic salad, and fried fish, looks like a pargo. Typical Panamanian meal, looks like food from my home. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website.
Patacones (Basic) instructions
- Peel and cut plantain in small rounds of about 1/8 in thickness.
- Place plantain slices into a small amount of oil (I use medium-low) and cook both sides lightly. You want them semisoft on the top and bottom..
- Take the slices from the oil and smash them flat. I generally use some wax paper for this part to keep them from sticking to surfaces..
- Place them back into the oil and cook until light brown. Remove & let any oil drain on a paper towl. Add salt while still hot..
- If you wish, add garlic powder or other tasty spice/spice mixture..
Patacones Food and Gallery ® Todos los derechos reservados. Descubra patacones imágenes de stock en HD y millones de otras fotos, ilustraciones y vectores en stock libres de regalías en la colección de Shutterstock. Se agregan miles de imágenes nuevas de. These fried green plantains known as Patacones or Tostones depending on where you are in the world, are one of our favorite appetizers or snacks! I come here to vent and retweet NBA and fútbol ish.