Mom's Baked Beans. These Amazing Baked Beans are thick, hearty and perfectly balanced between sweet and savory! Why buy canned when you can make our flavorful homemade Mom's Baked Beans? These easy Baked Beans are a delicious addition to BBQs, potlucks, picnics, and game day celebrations!
They're super easy to prep and the My mom's beans are something we grew up eating a lot, usually hot but sometimes cold (she'd pack up. My Mom's Baked Beans are one of my favorite recipes of all time. One of my mom's many infamous recipes is her baked beans. You can cook Mom's Baked Beans using 7 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Mom's Baked Beans
- It’s 6 cans of Van Camps pork and beans.
- Prepare 3/4 C of brown sugar.
- It’s 1/4 C of yellow mustard.
- Prepare 3/4 C of Ketchup.
- It’s 1 of diced onion (optional).
- Prepare 1 of diced bell pepper (optional).
- It’s 1 lb of bacon (optional).
They're rich and tangy and perfect in every way. I have other baked bean recipes, but they call for canned ingredients–this one proves that starting This recipe has become so famous at all of my family's gatherings that mom had to get more bean. Mom's baked beans are so easy to make, no fancy or tricky skills needed. We used canned pork and beans for convenience and because they taste pretty doggone good.
Mom's Baked Beans instructions
- I cook everything in the same large cast iron skillet. If you are adding bacon onions and peppers- first fry the bacon. You can do this a normal and crumble it or we like to cut the bacon into small pieces and then fry. When bacon is done put on paper towel to drain. Add diced onions and peppers to skillet and cook down. They will still cook in oven but we like ours done. Take out and put on top of the bacon to drain..
- Next in large bowl empty 6 cans pork and beans. Add Ketchup, mustard and brown sugar. (You could also add a little liquid smoke if you want) mix it well. Of there are big clubs of brown sugar smush if against the side of the bowl to break up. Add in bacon, peppers and onions if you are adding that..
- Pour beans into large cast iron skillet and put in the oven @ 350° for 1.5 to 2 hrs.
- NOTE: we have made this for big family functions as well with quadrupled recipe. We did this in a electric turkey roaster and cooked for 6-8 hrs. If it starts cooking down and getting thicker before that time just turn temp down to keep warm..
Brown Sugar Beans Mustard Molases Ground Mustard. Mom's baked bean casserole made with just five ingredients — an easy and delicious Thanksgiving side dish. Lay bacon strips over the bean mixture. If you wish cooked beans can be transferred to a baking pan, and frozen. Thaw completely and bake for one hour in.