Cinnamon and Walnut Rugelach.
You can have Cinnamon and Walnut Rugelach using 11 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Cinnamon and Walnut Rugelach
- You need of For The Sweet Cheese Pastry.
- It’s 275 g of plain flour.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of sugar.
- Prepare 150 g of butter.
- Prepare 150 g of cream cheese.
- It’s 1 of medium egg yolk.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
- It’s of For The Filling.
- Prepare 150 g of caster sugar.
- You need 150 g of walnut pieces.
- It’s 2-3 teaspoons of ground cinnamon.
Cinnamon and Walnut Rugelach step by step
- Heat the oven to 180°C gas mark 3.
- Make the pastry by putting the flour and sugar in to an electronic mixing bowl, mixing a few times to combine..
- Add in the butter and mix untill it looks like fine bread crumbs. Tip in the cream cheese, egg yolk and vanilla extract, mix together, divide into 3 equal portions and leave to chill for about 30 minutes..
- Meanwhile, roast the walnuts for about 5-7 minutes in the oven which is heating up (make sure you use a baking dish that will survive the oven)..
- Then add the walnuts to a food processor along with the sugar and ground cinnamon. Blitz untill they are fairly finely chopped..
- Divide the nut mixture into 6 equal portions and, instead of using flour, sprinkle a portion of the nuts onto the work top. Roll out a portion of pastry untill circler and about 26 cm across..
- Using a pizza cutter, cut the circle into 8 triangular pieces. Add a little more nut mixture and, starting from the flat side, role the pastry up. Repeated with all of the pastry then place in the oven and cook for about 20 minutes untill golden brown..