You can have Veal Piccata using 13 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Veal Piccata
- It’s 4 of veal scallops (pounded to thickness of 1/8 inch).
- It’s 1/2 cup of all purpose flour.
- You need 1/2 tsp of ground black pepper.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of cayenne pepper.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of garlic powder.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tbsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 5 tbsp of butter.
- Prepare 1 cup of white wine.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of chicken stock.
- It’s 1 clove of garlic (chopped).
- You need 1 of lemon (juiced).
- You need 2 tbsp of capers (drained).
- Prepare 1 tbsp of parsley leaves (chopped).
Veal Piccata instructions
- In a shallow bowl or plate combine the flour, 1 1/2 teaspoons of the salt, pepper, cayenne, and garlic powder and stir to combine thoroughly. Quickly dredge the veal scallops in the seasoned flour mixture, shaking to remove any excess flour.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat until very hot but not smoking. Add 1 1/2 tablespoons of the butter and, working quickly and in batches if necessary, cook the veal until golden brown on both sides, about 1 minute per side. Transfer to a plate and set aside..
- Add 1 tablespoon butter to pan and cook garlic, shallots, and capers for about a minute. Deglaze the pan with wine and bring to a boil, scraping to remove any browned bits from the bottom of the pan. When the wine has reduced by half, add the chicken stock and lemon juice and cook for 5 minutes, or until the sauce has thickened slightly..
- Whisk in the remaining 1/2 teaspoon of salt, remaining 3 1/2 tablespoons of butter and the chopped parsley. When the butter has melted, return the veal scallops to the pan and cook until heated through and the sauce has thickened, about 1 minute. Garnish with parsley sprigs and serve immediately..