Pork Rind Crusted Chicken Tenders (low carb). Recipes developed by Vered DeLeeuw, CNC Nutritionally reviewed by Crushed pork rinds make a wonderfully flavorful and crunchy coating for chicken tenders. Olive oil: For frying the chicken pieces. This is such a delicious oil.
You know how people season their flour before they. An oven-fried, no carb chicken recipe to curb your craving for breaded chicken! You can pop the pork rinds into a food processor to crush them into a powder, but I prefer to do it manually. You can cook Pork Rind Crusted Chicken Tenders (low carb) using 6 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Pork Rind Crusted Chicken Tenders (low carb)
- You need 1 package of chicken tenders (about 8 or so).
- Prepare 4 cups of crushed pork rinds.
- It’s 2 of eggs, scrambled.
- You need 1-2 teaspoons of salt.
- Prepare to taste of Pepper.
- You need 1/2 cup of oil, your choice *see note in recipe regarding amount.
Just omit the pork rinds and replace with almond flour; the carbs will be low, and the recipe will still be gluten. The chicken tenders are coated in a mixture of pork rinds and panko bread crumbs. I baked the tenders on a foil-lined baking sheet and lightly sprayed them with cooking spray. This is a super easy recipe to convert to gluten-free/low-carb/keto-friendly.
Pork Rind Crusted Chicken Tenders (low carb) step by step
- Add salt and pepper to chicken.
- Scramble eggs in a bowl and add a pinch of salt. Place pork rinds in a ziplock bag and crush using either a rolling pin or bottom of sautee pan until you get the consistency of bread crumbs. You can also place in a food processor. I used BBQ flavored pork rinds for this recipe. Pour crumbs in a bowl for dredging..
- Season chicken tenders with salt and pepper. One at a time, add chicken tender to egg mix, then with other hand place into pork rind mix. Press crumbs into chicken and make sure to throughly coat both sides. Place on a plate and repeat process. You can place in refrigerator until ready to cook. Dont let it sit too long. If you wait longer than 15 minutes the pork rinds might absorb too much moisture. We want crispy tenders!.
- Add oil to a large sautee pan. Depending on the size of your pan you may need more or less than 1/2 cup. *I put enough oil to cover the bottom of the pan. This is a pan fry, not a deep fry method. I like avocado oil or vegetable oil. Anything with a high smoke point. Heat oil on medium to high heat. When oil is heated after a few minutes, add chicken to sautee pan. Make sure to not over crowd chicken. You may need to do this in 2 batches depending on the size of your pan..
- Cook chicken for 4 minutes on each side or until golden brown on each side. Remove from pan onto either a wire rack or a plate covered in paper towel. Serve immediately to maintain the crunchy texture. Serve with your favorite dipping sauce and side dishes..
- You can season chicken with whatever spices you like such as oregano, paprika, turmeric, ranch powder mix, etc. You can also buy different flavored pork rinds these days. No need to add salt to the pork rinds, but definitely season your chicken so all layers are flavorful. Hope you enjoy!.
These low carb chicken tenders/keto chicken tenders are very healthy chicken tenders because of the low carb chicken coating of pork rinds. This is the creation using low carb cooking of Crispy Pork Rind Chicken Tenders! The appeal in pork rinds comes with its multiple low-carb uses. Not only can you bring it with you to go, but many keto advocates are coming up with In the mood for chicken tenders but don't want to cheat? Use crushed pork rinds as a breadcrumb alternative to satisfy your cravings while still staying.