oxtails n drunk sweet plantains. Join me for some huge OXTAILS!!! They are so juicy I can't wait to dive in. Caribbean Rice and beans with some delicious cabbage.
HE IS AMAZING I WAS EVEN ABLE TO INTERACT WITH. Oxtails with steamed veggies & sweet plantains. I was soaked as I pedaled to Washington Heights but kept the thought of Margot's sancocho in mind — the Dominican restaurant make its rich stew with oxtail meat. You can cook oxtails n drunk sweet plantains using 22 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of oxtails n drunk sweet plantains
- You need of oxtails.
- You need 1 packages of oxtails.
- Prepare 4 tbsp of white vinegar.
- Prepare 2 tsp of lemon juice.
- You need 3 tbsp of lawrys seasoned garlic powder.
- You need 3 tbsp of lawrys all seasonings.
- It’s 2 tbsp of each oregano and basil.
- It’s 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of minced garlic.
- Prepare 1/2 slice of medium sliced onion.
- It’s 2 tbsp of worcestershire sauce.
- You need 2 tsp of paprika.
- You need 1 packages of diced or baby carrots.
- You need 1 tbsp of browning sauce..
- It’s 48 oz of swanson veggie broth.
- Prepare 2 each of scotch bonnet peppers- whole.
- Prepare of drunk plantains.
- Prepare 4 of ripe yellow plantains.
- You need 1 of olive oil.
- Prepare 4 tsp of white sugar. 1 tsp for each plantain.
- Prepare 4 of capful of rhum. 1 capful for each plantain..
- It’s 1 of pan. i use a griddle pan for the marks..
Everything was so cheap, and so satisfying. This restorative sweet drink is the Morir Soñando. Satisfying and very ta". מתוך חוות הדעת: Great oxtails! Ripe sweet plantains are fried until golden brown with a caramelized texture and sweet flavor that melts in your mouth.
oxtails n drunk sweet plantains instructions
- trim fat off oxtails.
- clean oxtails with vinegar and lemon juice. rinse well with water and pat dry.
- add all dry ingredients & worcestershire sauce on oxtails and mix well. marinate for 2 hrs- overnight, depending on your prep.
- in a deep pot, under medium heat, add oil. add minced garlic and stir..
- add oxtails and give it a gooooood seer for 5-10 minutes. using a tong, remove all the oxtails. add carrots and onions, stir and cover with lid..
- uncover pot, add oxtails, and give it a good stir. cover for 5 min..
- uncover and smell that great oxtail cooking. don't you hear your stomach. now, slowly add the broth, 1 1/2 cup at a time. keep stirring to prevent from sticking. now, grab a small spoon and taste. this is where your tongue determines what it needs. give it a few more tbsp of oxtail seasoning n garlic powder. keep adding the broth and desired dry ingredients, stir, and taste. if the taste is too salty for you, add a little water until you reach you desired taste. add the scotch bonnet peppers, cover, and let it simmer, lowering the heat just a lil bit. simmer for 10-15 min and enjoy.
- remove skin off plantains. cut each plantain in half, LENGTH-WISE..
- cut each length in 4..
- in pan, under low-medium heat, add oil. when oil is warm-hot, add plantains. cook on each side for 2-3 min, or until nice and golden. add sugar and stir under very low heat. BE CAREFUL and add the rum. once it stops sizzling, stir. *now, if u want, u can place plantains in 325°F oven for 5 min after rum is added.
Serve with Rice and Peas, Jamaican Oxtails, Jamaican Jerk Chicken and Brown Stew Chicken for a Fried Sweet Plantains is a very simple, very traditional Latin American side dish. oxtails plantains p. caribbean food repost caribbeancooking caribbean west indian caribbean cuisine foods to eat west indies plantains plantain sweet plantains fried plantain plantain sandwich platanos Yet another tasty veggie wrap/roti plate with plantains from a local Jamaican place I go to. Fry the plantains in a single layer, until golden on the bottom then turn over with a spatula. Add the cinnamon, vanilla, and sugar and let cook a few more seconds, just to begin caramelizing the sugar. Amazing Empanadas, the best oxtail and perfectly seasoned rotisserie. Caribbean restaurant in Rockville Centre, New York.