Cherry Almond Shortbread Cookies.
You can cook Cherry Almond Shortbread Cookies using 15 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Cherry Almond Shortbread Cookies
- Prepare 6 ounces of unsalted butter (1 1/2 sticks) at room temperature.
- Prepare 2/3 cup of granulated sugar.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of almond extract.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of marachino cherry juice.
- It’s 2 cups of all purpose flour.
- You need 1/4 teaspoon of salt.
- You need 15 of marachino cherries, chopped.
- You need of For Topping.
- You need 1 cup of salted almonds, chopped.
- You need 2 tablespoons of granulated sugar.
- You need 1 of large egg, beaten with 1 tablespoon water (egg ewash).
- It’s of For Drizzle.
- Prepare 4 ounces of white chocolaye, melted.
- It’s 3 of punces milk chovolate, melted.
Cherry Almond Shortbread Cookies instructions
- Preheat the oven to 350. Line baking sheets with parchment ppaper.
- In a bowl beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add extracts and cherry juice and beat in.
- Add flour and salt, when just blended add chopped cherries.
- Combine tne chopped almonds wíth the granulated sugar on a plate.
- Roll cookies into I inch balls.
- Dip in egg wash.
- Roll in almond sugar and place on prepared pan flatten tops with the alm of your hand. Bake 12 to 18 minutes. Cool on rcks.
- When cool drizzle with white cgocolate.
- Then milk chocolate, allow to set.