Short ribs with paprika crusted potatoes. Roughly chop potatoes, mix with smoked paprika and flour and add salt and pepper. Put it on a baking tray with enough oil that it doesn't burn. Tuscan Style Braised Beef Short Ribs.
Remove from the refrigerator, bring to room temperature, and season again with salt and pepper. In a large sauté pan over high heat, warm the olive oil until very hot. Mix the sugar, paprika, chili powder, salt, and garlic powder in a medium bowl. You can cook Short ribs with paprika crusted potatoes using 13 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Short ribs with paprika crusted potatoes
- It’s 4 pieces of short ribs.
- It’s 1 litre of beef stock.
- You need 1 glass of wine.
- You need 2 of onions.
- You need 3 of medium tomatoes.
- It’s 1 kg of potatoes.
- You need of salt.
- You need of pepper.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of smoked paprika.
- You need 2 tablespoons of flour.
- Prepare 2 of bay leaves.
- Prepare of parsley.
- You need of basil.
Rub all surfaces of meat generously with the dry mixture. Place ribs in the prepared dish in a single layer. Pepper Braised Short Ribs In a large sauté pan over medium high heat, season short ribs with salt and pepper and sear with vegetable oil, fat side down. Remove the short ribs from the pan and set aside.
Short ribs with paprika crusted potatoes instructions
- In deep pan fry short ribs on each side until brown than set them aside..
- In the same pan fry roughly chopped salted onions and then add finely chopped tomatoes, without skins. Then put the meat on onions and deglaze with wine. Add the stock, parsley and basil..
- Preheat oven to 170°C. Put the foil on the pan and put the pan in the oven for 2-2,5 hours..
- When meat is done, take it out and turn up the temperature to 200°C..
- Roughly chop potatoes, mix with smoked paprika and flour and add salt and pepper. Put it on a baking tray with enough oil that it doesn't burn. Put it in the oven for 25min, than turn it and bake for another 20min, more if needed..
- While potatoes are in the oven, take the foil off the pan and cook it on a low heat so you get darker gravy..
- Serve potatoes and ribs separately just like in the picture..
- Bon appétit!.
Heat oil in a heavy skillet or Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add the wine, sweet paprika, and hot paprika. Pour in the warm stock and bring the mixture to a simmer. I added a mix of paprika, chili powder, brown sugar, cayenne and garlic powder to the flour/salt/pepper to dredge the ribs in before browning. It gave them a delicious, crunchy crust.