Bone marrow lamb curry. Make this recipe on the stovetop or in the pressure cooker. Whatever you choose, slowly cooking the lamb is the key to tender lamb I typically use bone-in lamb shanks, shoulder, and stew meat for lamb curry because of the additional flavor and marrow goodness you can get from. A really flavoursome vegetable curry cooked with seasonal marrow and beautifully spiced with cumin and mustard seeds.
Step by step instructions from the side of the road in Cherating Malaysia. You can travel there and try it yourself! The bone marrow of animals is widely used by humans as food. You can cook Bone marrow lamb curry using 27 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Bone marrow lamb curry
- It’s of Broth.
- It’s 6 of feet of chicken, cleaned by boiling for 10 minutes and removing the skin.
- It’s 2 of chopped carrots.
- It’s 4 of onions (2 cut in half with skin and 2 chopped without skin).
- Prepare 5 of garlic cloves(3 with skin and 2 chopped finely).
- It’s 1 stalk of celery, chopped.
- You need 3 of bay leaves.
- You need To taste of salt.
- It’s 1 liter of water.
- It’s of Curry.
- Prepare 5 of whole cloves.
- You need 4 of cardamon pods, crushed.
- It’s 2 of star aniseed.
- You need 1 teaspoon of methi.
- You need 1 teaspoon of cumin.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of coriander seeds, crushed.
- You need 1 of whole nutmeg, crushed.
- It’s a few of peppercorns.
- Prepare 5 of fresh curry leaf branches.
- Prepare 2 pieces of fresh ginger (out of the garden if you can).
- You need 3 of bay leaves.
- Prepare of few sprigs of thyme.
- You need to taste of salt.
- Prepare 3-4 of chilies, finely chopped.
- You need of juice of one lemon and the lemon rind.
- It’s 2 kg of potjiekos lambpieces.
- Prepare 10 of marrow bones.
It consists of yellow marrow contained in long bones. There is also red marrow, which contains more nutrients than yellow marrow. It may be found in bone-in cuts of meat purchased from a butcher or supermarket. The bones soaked in the curry are chockful of flavors from the spices and there's plenty of bite in the texture.
Bone marrow lamb curry step by step
- Make the broth by adding the cleaned feet with the carrots, onions with skin, garlic with skin, celery, 3 bay leaves, salt to taste and water and simmer slowly. Eat the feet and refrigerate the broth after pouring it through a sieve..
- Next night/day add all the spices (whole cloves, cardamon pods, crushed, star aniseed, methi, cumin, coriander seeds, crushed, whole nutmeg, crushed, peppercorns) to a pan with a bit of oil and slowly, over low heat, roast the spices. Add the onion and garlic but do not burn!.
- Brown the lamb pieces in a black pot. Add the spices and fresh ingredients (fresh curry leaves branches, fresh ginger, bay leaves, fresh thyme, chillies) as well as the chicken broth of the previous night. Add the lemon rind as well as the lemon juice. Simmer for a few hours until meat is nearly done. Season with salt. Add the marrow bones and simmer another hour. Serve with rice. Suck the marrow out of the bones until you build a tower!.
Basic Lamb Curry Recipe, Sabji, How To Make Basic Lamb Curry Recipe. Lamb curry is a popular dish from the Kashmiri cuisine known as Rogan josh. This appealing colored nonveg curry mesmerizes your palate with its perfect blend of mutton and spices. View top rated Bone marrow soup recipes with ratings and reviews. The lamb curry I make is a version of my Ma's, but I make it even quicker by marinating it in buttermilk to tenderize the meat.