Almond Cake (Patespani Amygdalou).
You can have Almond Cake (Patespani Amygdalou) using 9 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Almond Cake (Patespani Amygdalou)
- It’s 1 1/2 cups of All – Purpose- Flour.
- It’s 1 1/2 cups of Almonds sliced.
- It’s 1 1/4 cup of Sugar.
- Prepare 4 of Eggs.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of Butter.
- It’s of Lemon zest.
- It’s 1/2 cup of cold Milk.
- Prepare 3 tablespoons of Baking Powder.
- You need of Powdered Sugar for Topping.
Almond Cake (Patespani Amygdalou) instructions
- Beat in a large bowl the butter, sugar and lemon zest..
- Slowly add in the milk and continue beating, In a small bowl mix together the flour and the baking powder and add into the mix..
- Add in the Almonds….I found in the supermarket sliced Almonds, this is much better than adding whole Almonds into the cake mix..
- Add in one egg at a time, and continue to beat until all the eggs have been added..
- I used a rectangular baking pan instead of a round one. You can use which ever you prefer. Bake at 180 degrees for 1 hour and until golden brown. Once it has baked set aside to cool off. Top with powdered sugar. Kali Orexi!!!! :).