Spaghetti Squash with sauteed mushrooms.
You can have Spaghetti Squash with sauteed mushrooms using 14 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Spaghetti Squash with sauteed mushrooms
- Prepare 1 of spaghetti squash.
- You need 1/2 of onion sliced.
- Prepare 1 of pepper sliced.
- You need 3 of garlic cloves diced.
- You need 1 packages of mushrooms sliced.
- You need 1 of oil.
- It’s 1 of butter.
- It’s 1 of celery salt.
- It’s 1 of lemon pepper.
- It’s 1 of parsley.
- You need 1 of dill.
- Prepare 1 of oregano.
- Prepare 1 cup of chicken broth.
- Prepare 1 of pecorino-romano cheese (or parmesan is d ine).
Spaghetti Squash with sauteed mushrooms step by step
- Fill a large pot halfway with water over high heat. While it's heating scrub squash under running water to clean. Then slice squash in half and scoop out seeds. Cook over med-high heat approximately 20-30 minutes (depending upon it's size) until a fork can pierce the skin easily..
- While squash is cooking slice half onion in half then in slices. Slice pepper in half same as onions. Dice finely 3 cloves of garlic. Slice mushrooms (or buy pre-sliced)..
- Once squash is cooked remove to strainer and let cool. Drain water and in the same pot heat oil and a tablespoon of butter – add onions cook for a minute then season with salt, pepper and herbs to your liking (that is why I left the amounts off)..
- Add peppers, cook for a minute then add garlic, mushrooms and more butter (about tablespoon and a half). Stir to incorporate all ingredients, cover and turn heat down to med-low..
- After a few minutes check mushrooms if they have shrunk to half their size turn heat up and very slowly add broth. The reason you do this slowly is not to stop the cooking process. Depending upon the size of the squash you may not need a full cup of broth. Once it comes to a boil cover and take it off the heat..
- In a large bowl scrape out squash and it should shred easily. Break up any clumps with a spoon. Take a hand full of cheese and sprinkle evenly over squash – then add hot mushrooms onto and follow with more cheese..