Sautéed Green Beans Recipe. Fresh green beans are sauteed with onion salt, garlic salt, and garlic powder producing a quick and easy side dish. "This is a great way to cook fresh green beans. This recipe is very basic, but can easily be jazzed up with some onions, fresh garlic, mushrooms – let your imagination run wild! Sauteed green beans, topped with crumbled bacon and slivered almonds, will make any meal special.
Why these sauteed green beans are about to. Sautéed Green Beans are hot and buttery, with savory garlic flavor and a fresh crisp-tender texture. I usually make a double batch of these beans because A close second to this recipe is my Roasted Green Beans, and Spicy Chinese Sichuan Green Beans. You can have Sautéed Green Beans Recipe using 8 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Sautéed Green Beans Recipe
- You need 1 of Salt.
- You need 2 lb of green beans.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of minced garlic.
- It’s 3 tbsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 1 of Freshly ground black pepper.
- It’s 1/3 cup of red wine vinegar.
- It’s 1 tbsp of granulated sugar.
- You need 1/4 cup of coarsely chopped Italian parsley.
String beans are very versatile, so you can. Simplify your old, fussy sautéed green beans recipe with this simple take on the popular vegetable dish. This low maintenance side only calls for three ingredients (excluding salt, pepper, and water) for a recipe that couldn't be any easier. Chopped green onions give the dish a crisp pop of freshness.
Sautéed Green Beans Recipe step by step
- Bring a large pot of heavily salted water to a boil. Meanwhile, prepare an ice water bath by filling a large bowl halfway with ice and water. Remove the stems from the green beans. Peel, halve, and thinly slice the onion..
- Place the beans in the boiling water and cook until crisp-tender, about 3 minutes. Drain and immediately place in the ice water bath until cooled. Drain and set aside..
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan over medium heat until shimmering. Add the sliced onion and cook until caramelized and golden, about 20 minutes. Season with salt and pepper..
- Add the reserved green beans, vinegar, and sugar. Cook, stirring, until the sugar has dissolved, about 2 minutes. Stir in the parsley, taste, and season with additional salt and pepper as needed..
An easy recipe for sauteed green beans cooked in butter and seasoned with garlic and crushed red peppers. I often make dinner with two vegetable sides, foregoing the starch. So I'm always on the lookout for tasty and easy to make vegetable recipes that would keep things interesting for my family. Choose young, fresh green beans that are all about the same size for this dish. This quick side dish of green beans glazed with a sweet, garlicky soy sauce makes a fabulous partner for any takeout-at-home-type main course, including Kung Pao Chicken, Salt-and-Pepper Shrimp, and Fried Rice.