Stuffed beef in grape leaves (Armenian Dolma Recipe). This favorite stuffed grape leaf has dill, mint, ground beef, and rice. The name comes from the Turkish word dolma, meaning "stuffed;" and aki means "little one," so a dolmathakia is literally a little-stuffed wrap. Armenian dolma, a rich and tasty dish of Armenian tradition, becomes an unforgettable dish after you taste it.
Throughout the centuries, Armenians have always tried to make it more and. Stuffed grape leaves, also known as dolmas or dolmades, are arguably the most iconic Mediterranean food out there. In this recipe, grape leaves are stuffed with a tasty meat and rice mixture The stuffing here is made of rice, cooked ground beef, and a few chopped fresh herbs (parsley, dill, and. You can cook Stuffed beef in grape leaves (Armenian Dolma Recipe) using 15 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Stuffed beef in grape leaves (Armenian Dolma Recipe)
- You need of Grape leaves (fresh or salted) 40-50 pcs.
- Prepare of Water for grape leaves – 500ml.
- You need of For the filling.
- It’s 500-600 g of Beef -.
- It’s 1 cup of Rice -.
- You need 1 pcs of Onion -.
- It’s 1,5 cup of Coriander, rosemary, parsley -.
- It’s 1/2 cup of Tomato paste -.
- It’s of Green basil, mint, dill, cilantro on a small beam.
- It’s 1,5 pcs of Tomato -.
- You need 1 tsp of Black pepper -.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Red pepper -.
- You need 1 tbsp of Paprika -.
- It’s 1/4 cup of Dried basil -.
- You need 2 tbsp of Salt -.
If using fresh grape leaves, blanch quickly in boiling water. If using canned or jarred, no need for this step. Rinse canned or jarred leaves to Dolma can be cooked in a double boiler to prevent scorching, or line a pot with broken leaves. Place all rolls in pot lined up neatly and stacked up until all are in pot.
Stuffed beef in grape leaves (Armenian Dolma Recipe) step by step
- Place the grape leaves in a bowl, pour boiling water and leave for 5-7 minutes..
- Fold the leaves in a colander․ Drain the water, remove excess water from the leaves..
- Place the ground beef in a bowl, add small chopped onion, rice, chopped greens, salt, pepper, dried basil and tomato paste..
- Mix well the filling..
- Place the grape leaves shiny-side down on a table and the vein side up. Add a little of a the filling mixture to the center of the leaf. First fold the filling by bending the top edges of the leaf. Then fold the filling with the sides of the leaf and roll into a tight tube..
- After it, put it all on the bottom of the heavy-bottomed pot, but beforehand cover the bottom of the heavy-bottomed pot with layer of sliced tomatoes..
- Pour water level over grape tubes..
- Cook on low heat for 30-40 minutes..
Only we made them with ground lamb breast with rice and mint and lemon. yummy. I can't ever find grapeleaves with lamb in them not even in a restaurant that sells them I will try this but will add lamb and leave the currants and pinenuts. Later the stuffing is rolled up in grape leaves. (Dolma may also be made with cabbage leaves – especially for Taguhi, however, prefers it without fat. She puts the minced beef in a bowl. Next she chops onions, explaining that Grape leaves dolma is a very respectable dish in Armenian families.