Stuffed plantains. Stuffed ground turkey plantains * I don't own the rights to the cover photo used, I just choose that picture because I was hungry and did not get a chance. Salt and pepper to taste A plantain is similar to a banana. Bring a quart of salted water to boil in a large saucepan.
Evenly divide shrimp mixture among heated plantain cups. Get great flavor with our Stuffed Plantains recipe. Tasty beef and tomato filling gets topped with bacon and cheese when you make our Stuffed Plantains. You can cook Stuffed plantains using 6 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Stuffed plantains
- You need 2 of firm but ripe plantains –boiled.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of breadcrumbs ( I used panko).
- It’s 1/2 cup of cheese (I used a mixed blend).
- Prepare 1 tsp of thyme.
- You need 1/4 cup of melted butter.
- You need 1 of salt and pepper to taste.
Peel plantains and place on a baking sheet and brush with oil. In the meantime, heat a cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat and cook. Plantains are gently fried, then smashed and shaped into cups and fried again. Sauté in hot oil until golden.
Stuffed plantains step by step
- Cut boiled plantains in half crosswise and then half length wise — as shown in pic.
- Scoop out the middle –being careful to leave each piece somewhat like a shell.
- In a bowl mix the scooped flesh(you can chop it in smaller pieces) , thyme, breadcrumbs and cheese — adding salt and pepper to taste.
- Mix and keep pressing the mixture with the back of a spoon until it comes together.
- Fill each shell with some mixture and place on a baking tray–drizzle over with melted butter.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 350º F for 30 minutes.
- You can stuff plaintains with shredded meat –you can use any melting cheese — you can also mix orange juice with the butter and add cinnamon.
Remove from heat and shape into rings. These sweet plantains are baked in the oven and then stuffed with a savory turkey picadillo filling If you're not very familiar with plantains, they are similar to bananas only they need to be cooked. Our recipe for Stuffed Plantains is easy and delicious – try something different for dinner tonight. If you've never tried plantains before, this is a good place to start. Grate the green plantains into a large mixing bowl.