Brad's Chinese almond chicken. This Chinese Almond Chicken is just like your favorite dish at your local Chinese restaurant except that it's Paleo and allergen friendly! Have you ever had Chinese Almond Chicken? It's called something different in each individual restaurant, Boneless BBQ Chicken, Boneless Almond Chicken.
Mix sauce ingredients together in small bowl, set aside. Add cooked vegetables and almonds to. Almond Chicken is another winner to add to that list. You can cook Brad's Chinese almond chicken using 15 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Brad's Chinese almond chicken
- It’s of For the almond gravy.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of butter.
- It’s 1/3 cup of flour.
- You need 6 Oz of package blanched slivered almonds.
- Prepare 1 qt of half and half.
- You need 1 tsp of granulated chicken bouillon.
- It’s of For the chicken.
- You need 3 of large chicken breasts, cut length wise into 1" strips.
- Prepare 1 cup of flour.
- You need 1 tbs of garlic powder.
- You need 2 of eggs, beaten.
- Prepare 2 cups of panko bread crumbs.
- It’s of Oil for frying.
- Prepare of Prepared jasmine rice.
- Prepare of Green onions for garnish.
It was a pretty popular dish starting around a century ago, served alongside egg foo young and chop suey at Chinese restaurants in the U. Learn how to make this version of a very popular Chinese dish made with boneless chunks of chicken thighs (or chicken breast if desired) marinated in soy. Almond Chicken – tender and juicy chicken stir-fry with almonds, peas and carrots in Chinese brown sauce. So good and much better than takeout!
Brad's Chinese almond chicken step by step
- In a dry pan over medium heat, toast almonds. Stir constantly until they brown well and get very aromatic. Set aside to cool..
- Melt butter in a wok or dutch oven. Add flour and make a roux. Stir constantly until mixture becomes very brown and nutty smelling..
- Meanwhile add cooled almonds to a food processor and chop fine..
- Add 2/3 of the almonds to the roux. Also add chicken bouillon. Slowly add cream to the roux in small amounts. Fully incorporate each time. About 3/4 of the qt should be good at first..
- Keep gravy warm on the lowest setting on the stove while frying the chicken..
- Heat oil for frying. It should cover about half of the chicken strip in the pan. Use a medium low setting..
- Mix flour and garlic powder. Place in a bowl. Place egg and panko in separate bowls..
- Dredge chicken in flour then egg, then panko. Place in hot oil and fry on both sides until panko is golden brown and chicken is cooked through. Drain on paper towels..
- During this process the gravy will thicken. Mix small amount of cream back in to keep texture creamy.
- Plate rice. Place chicken over the top. Smother in almond gravy. Garnish with more toasted almonds and green onions. I served with a broccoli slaw with snow peas and toasted sesame ginger dressing. Serve immediately. Enjoy.
Almond chicken is one of the most popular Chinese recipes here in the United States. This delicious easy stir-fry recipe features slivered almonds paired with chicken breasts and vegetables. Rhonda Parkinson is a freelance writer who has authored many cookbooks, including two Everything guides to Chinese cooking. Warr Shu Gai or Almond Boneless Chicken, like chop suey, is a Chinese-inspired American dish. So far as I have been able to determine, it originated in Detroit.