Johnny B's Meatballs.
You can cook Johnny B's Meatballs using 13 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Johnny B's Meatballs
- Prepare 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 1 cup of olive oil.
- It’s 1 large of onion, diced.
- It’s 1 lb of lean ground beef.
- It’s 1/2 lb of ground pork.
- You need 1/2 of ground veal.
- It’s 2 large of eggs.
- You need 2 cup of fresh grated Pecorino Romano.
- You need 2 tbsp of fresh chopped parsley.
- Prepare 2 clove of garlic, minced.
- Prepare 1 of salt and pepper to taste.
- Prepare 2 cup of plain bread crumbs.
- It’s 2 cup of milk.
Johnny B's Meatballs step by step
- Heat two tablespoons of the oil in a pan over medium heat. Add diced onion and saute until the are soft and slightly browned around the edges. Drain oil and set pan aside to cool slightly..
- Mix beef, veal and pork in a large mixing bowl with your hands. Add eggs, cheese, parsley, garlic, onion and salt and pepper..
- Mix in bread crumbs thoroughly then slowly add milk until moist..
- Shape meat mixture into 2 – 3 inch meatballs..
- Heat half a cup of remaining oil in a large pan over medium heat. Fry meatballs in small batches, turning as they get browned on all sides. About ten minutes each. Repeat and use remaining oil until all are cooked..
- Alternatively you can also bake these in the oven, at 350°F for 35 – 45 minutes. However, keep in mind they will become flat on the bottom as seen in my attached photo..