Honey Challah Bread.
You can cook Honey Challah Bread using 9 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Honey Challah Bread
- You need 6 cups of bread flour.
- Prepare 7 g of yeast.
- Prepare 2 cups of warm buttermilk.
- You need 1 of tspn cinnamon powder.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of honey.
- Prepare 1 of tspn salt.
- It’s 1 of egg.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of olive oil.
- You need 1/2 cup of warm water.
Honey Challah Bread instructions
- Sieve flour,salt and cinnamon and set aside.
- Proof yeast in warm water and 1tspn sugar.
- In a separate bowl, mix one egg, olive oil, honey and buttermilk (NOTE:If you dont have buttermilk, make buttermilk by mixing one tblspn of white vinegar in milk.
- Add proof yeast to mixture and half of flour,knead on low speed and then add the rest of the flour and knead on high speed for 10 minutes.
- Take dough out and knead on a floured surface for 5 minutes using oil when necessary if dough is sticky, use very little extra flour if needed.
- Roll the dough into a ball and place in a floured bowl, cover and allow to rise for 1 hour 30mins.
- When risen, bring out and knead further for 5 mins,divide ball into 3 and roll each ball into a long sausaged shape, then weave the three pieces together neatly.
- Place on a lined baking tray and cover with a damp cloth for 30 mins or until it doubles in size but dont let it over proof.
- Grease with egg wash and bake for 15 to 25 minutes at 160.
- Garnish with honey and sesame seeds (optional).