Greek Almond Christmas Cookies. You just can't go wrong with this recipe! Have a snowy Merry Christmas with these amazing sweet butter cookies! The cookies are crispy and delicious.
They are very popular for weddings and holidays. Kourabiethes: Greek Shortbread Cookies With Almonds. These almond cookies have a unique texture since they are made with almonds. You can have Greek Almond Christmas Cookies using 8 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Greek Almond Christmas Cookies
- It’s 1 cup of Butter room temperature.
- It’s 1 of Egg Yolk.
- It’s 600 grams of All Purpose Flouer.
- You need 2 of powdered Vanilla or 2 teaspoons Vanilla Extract.
- Prepare 180 grams of Roasted Almonds or Walnuts chopped…(we prefer Almonds).
- It’s 1 teaspoon of Baking Powder.
- You need 30 grams of Cognac.
- It’s 3/4 of Sugar Powder & extra for coating.
Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray or brush. Christmas cookies are a tradition in many cultures. Koulourakia Traditional Easter cookies from Alfajores An almond-flavored shortbread sandwich cookie with a rich caramel filling in the middle. Yes, it's the holiday season once again.
Greek Almond Christmas Cookies step by step
- In a small pan add just a bit of butter and roast the almonds until they become crunchy and brown. Once the almonds are done set them aside..
- In a large bowl beat bowl and powdered sugar until combined..
- Beat in the egg yolk, vanilla..
- Slowly start to add in the flour and cognac and continue to beat..
- Continue by adding the almonds, or walnuts which ever you prefer and combine with hands..
- This becomes a dough mix..
- Coat with the extra Powder Sugar it should cover the cookies as shown in the picture above. I have posted a black and white picture of the featured image on Instagram: foodzesty Merry Christmas!! Kala Xristougenna!!.
These cookies are so important to Greeks during the holidays. I feel like it's the one dessert you could find in most Greek's homes. I don't know if you can get these at your local Greek festival, so they are. The Greek Christmas Cookies recipe out of our category Cookie! Stir flour and almonds into butter mixture.