Almond pear shortbread bars. Pear Almond Shortbread Bars. by: drbabs. Place rack in center of oven. I love making these Almond Shortbread Bars during the holidays because they are festive, super easy to make, and everyone loves them!
And the fudge topping is made in the microwave! These Raspberry Almond Linzer Bars taste just like linzer cookies but made easier in bar form! These bars are technically just a shortbread bar, but they reminded me so much of those gorgeous Linzer cookies you get or make at Christmastime that I just had to post them now. You can have Almond pear shortbread bars using 19 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Almond pear shortbread bars
- Prepare of Crust.
- It’s 1/2 cup of unsalted butter, softened.
- You need 1 1/4 cup of flour.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of sugar.
- You need 1/2 cup of chopped almonds.
- It’s 1/4 teaspoon of salt.
- Prepare of Filling.
- It’s 4 1/2 cups of diced pears.
- You need 2 tablespoons of sugar.
- It’s 1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon.
- It’s 3 teaspoons of cornstarch.
- You need of Crumble topping.
- You need 1/2 cup of unsalted butter, softenend.
- It’s 1 cup of flour.
- It’s 1/4 cup of granulated sugar.
- You need 1/4 cup of brown sugar.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of cinnamon.
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon of salt.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of chopped almonds.
Bowl, Combine flour, sugar, butter, egg Yolk And almond extract. Heavenly Lemon Shortbread Bars. (Image credit: Emma Christensen). Beat together the butter and powdered sugar in a stand mixer (or with a hand mixer) on medium-high speed until they are completely combined, turn pale yellow, and resemble creamy. Maple, Pecan, & Butternut Shortbread Bars.
Almond pear shortbread bars instructions
- Line a 9×9” pan with foil and grease with butter. Cooking sprays are the devil..in my opinion. Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Prepare the crust by slowly mixing all the crust ingredients in a large bowl using a pastry cutter or fork. The mixture will be crumbly. Press the crust in the prepared pan and bake for 15 minutes..
- If pears are ripe and soft – Core and diced. If pears are tougher you will need to par cook them by doing the following: place the diced pears in a medium saucepan. Fill the pan with water so that half the pears are covered. Cook over medium heat, bringing to a boil then simmering for about 5 minutes until the pears just start to turn semi-translucent. Drain very well..
- Stir together pears, sugars, cinnamon and cornstarch.
- Mix the topping ingredients together just as you did for the crust. It will be crumbly..
- Remove the hot crust from the oven. Sprinkle the pears carefully on top (make sure they are well drained first – do not add any of the extra liquid!), then sprinkle with the topping. Bake for an additional 35-45 minutes until the crumble topping starts to brown..
- Cool in pan completely before using foil to lift out..
- Slice and serve..
Spiced Pear Bundt Cake With A Brandy Vanilla Glaze. Sweet Lime Cupcakes With Raspberry Frosting. Almond shortbread bars make for a lovely tasty freshly baked snack recipe with a delectable taste of almonds. A recipe which dose not require any special baking skills, the almond shortbread bars are prepared by mixing together flour, sugar, eggs and almond extract. An easy shortbread base, a layer of sweet and tangy raspberry jam in the middle, all topped off with a layer of crisp yet chewy, flaked almonds.