Ackee &saltfish with breadfruit and plantain. Ackee, Blighia sapida is Fat and Vitamin C rich fruit support for Diabetes Control, Prevention of Muscle Cramps, Immune Effects, Heart Health, and Circulation. Awesomeness of Ackee Botanical name: Blighia sapida. Ackee fruits derive from large green leafy trees of West African origin and are consumed either raw Ackee fruit is a substantial part of the diet in poor, agricultural areas and its taste resembles that of.
Ackee is both a tree and the fruit of that tree. It is often cooked with salted cod fish. Ackee and Saltfish is Jamaica's national dish. You can have Ackee &saltfish with breadfruit and plantain using 8 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Ackee &saltfish with breadfruit and plantain
- You need 2 can of ackee.
- You need 1 large of breadfruit roasted.
- It’s 1 large of plantain.
- You need slice of different sweet pepper.
- You need 1 medium of onion, chopped.
- You need 1/2 of saltfish.
- It’s 1 slice of tomato.
- Prepare 1 slice of scaleon.
It can be eaten any time or any day of the week. However, it is traditionally served as a breakfast meal. Ackee is the national fruit of Jamaica, but it's cooked and used as a vegetable. Define ackee. ackee synonyms, ackee pronunciation, ackee translation, English dictionary definition of ackee. n.
Ackee &saltfish with breadfruit and plantain instructions
- First you should roast the breadfruit in the oven and let it turn black then take it out and make it cool off when it done cooling cut it up small pieces..
- Then you should deep fry the breadfruit and make it golden brown on each side..
- Then you chop your plantain and you also deep fry it and let it turn golden brown..
- Chop up the sweet peppers ,onion , tomato and scalon.
- Then you start to fry the seasonings and cover it on a medium rare heat..
- When your finish with that boil the saltfish in some hot boiling water and wait for 20mins then strain the hot water and put the saltfish in cold water after that scale the salt fish take off all the scales on it and piece it in tiny bits..
- Then after you shall take out the tin a can of ackee and open it then you shall strain off the water from the ackee and wash it off with warm water..
- But always check your stove every 3 mins..
- When all done with that you put the ackee and saltfish and mix it around and cover the pot and make it stay on medium rare for 9min..
- And you put it all in one plant together and your done ..
Variant of ackee – red pear-shaped tropical fruit with poisonous seeds; flesh is poisonous. Ackee (Blighia sapida) is native to tropical West Africa. Wheen it ripens, it turns from green to a bright red to yellow-orange and splits open to reveal three large. Amazing Ackee creates easy to follow recipes for adventurous cooks using the incredible ackee fruit. Ackee definition: a sapindaceous tree, Blighia sapida, native to tropical Africa and cultivated in the.