Coffee Almond Streusel Cake. An almond and brown sugar streusel provides a center layer and topping for this luxurious coffee cake. This is a fabulous coffee cake! It has a crumbly sliced almond and brown sugar streusel topping plus a delicious glaze and a hint of orange throughout the cake.
Tender, moist, golden cake with an inner swirl of cinnamon and a crumbly streusel topping. Soft and moist, nicely cinnamon-y, this is the quintessential breakfast coffeecake. Note: For those of you looking for a cake with less filling, one where the golden cake itself is the main attraction, reduce the amount. You can have Coffee Almond Streusel Cake using 18 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Coffee Almond Streusel Cake
- Prepare of Cake ingredients:.
- You need 3 cup (375 gr) of all purpose flour.
- You need 1 1/2 tsp of baking soda.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of salt.
- You need 1 tbs of instant coffee.
- It’s 2 tsp of vanilla essence.
- Prepare 3/4 cup (170 gr) of unsalted butter (room temperature).
- You need 1 1/2 cup of granulated sugar.
- You need 3 of eggs.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of buttermilk.
- You need of Almond streusel ingredients:.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of almond (chopped).
- It’s 2/3 cup of all purpose flour.
- It’s 4 tbs of brown sugar/ palm sugar.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of baking powder.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of cinnamon powder.
- Prepare 4 tbs (60 gr) of unsalted butter (melted).
Raspberry preserves create an attractive swirl in this coffee cake. Beat at medium speed, scraping bowl often, until creamy. Add eggs and almond extract; continue beating, scraping bowl often, until well mixed. A tender and easy to make gluten-free and paleo blueberry coffee cake, studded with juicy berries and topped with a crisp almond streusel.
Coffee Almond Streusel Cake instructions
- Prepare your oven into 135°C..
- Prepare your mould by line it with parchment paper..
- Prepare your almond streusel by mixing all the streusel ingredients until all combine and become crumbs..
- In another bowl, mix dry ingredients such as, all purpose flour, instant coffee, baking soda, and salt. Mix them well..
- Mix butter and sugar around 5 minutes (using standing mixer, or 10 minutes using hand mixer), add vanilla essence and eggs one at a time, mix them well..
- Add the dry ingredients and alternate it with buttermilk. (Start from dry, wet, dry, wet, and ends with dry). Mix them until all combine and do not over mixed it..
- Pour them into the mould, and sprinkle with the streusel on top..
- Bake them around 30 to 40 minutes, it depends on your oven..
- Check using a toothpick test. If it comes out clean, it means the cake is ready..
- Take out your cake from the oven, let it slightly cool about 10 minutes, take it out from the mould, and you could wrap it (after it's getting way cooler) with foil and store it into your chiller for at least 1 hour before you eat it..
- Enjoy 😁.
Tender, moist almond coffee cake loaded with fresh cherries crowned with a crunchy, sweet crumb topping and drizzled with a sweet almond glaze. I decided an almond cake needed almonds in the streusel topping as well, so I added sliced almonds to the streusel topping. Everyone needs a delicious coffee cake recipe in their repertoire, and this cinnamon streusel coffee cake recipe from Martha Stewart is the perfect option. Meaning "something strewn" in Old German, streusel is easy to throw together — and then to throw. Almond Streusel Cake recipe: Try this Almond Streusel Cake recipe, or contribute your own.