You can cook Sweet Challah using 8 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Sweet Challah
- It’s 600 g of plain flour.
- You need 11 g of yeast.
- You need 100 g of sugar.
- It’s 1 of egg.
- Prepare 1 Tbsp of honey.
- You need 13 g of salt.
- You need 250 ml of warm water.
- You need 20 ml of oil.
Sweet Challah step by step
- Make the dough. First mix all the dry ingredients except the salt, and slowly add the water, honey, egg and oil. Stir for about 3 minutes and add the salt..
- Flour a little kneading surface and knead on the work surface for about 5 – 6 minutes until smooth, slightly sticky, but not sticky. Return the dough to a bowl and cover with a kitchen towel. Leave the dough to rise until doubled in volume for 3 to 3.5 hours..
- Flour a work surface and place the dough on it. Divide the dough into 8 equal balls, about 60 grams each ball. Shape each ball with your hands into a 2 cm thick strip and braide the dough to the desired shape. Cover the dough with a kitchen towel and allow it to swell for about an hour or until the volume is doubled..
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees. Put in oven for 15 – 20 minutes..