Almond Crusted Trout. Season trout with salt and pepper. A light coat of mustard is all it takes to keep the gluten-free almond flour on these trout fillets. Trout gets an extra-crispy crust from the almonds.
Baked Almond-Crusted Trout Fillets recipe-trout recipes-recipe ideas-new recipes-woman and home. A light coat of mustard is all it takes to keep the gluten-free almond flour on these trout fillets. (We like the kind from Bob's Re. Dredge the trout in the almond meal, turning to coat; shake off any excess. You can cook Almond Crusted Trout using 6 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Almond Crusted Trout
- Prepare 2 of Trout Filets. Filets should be even in thickness, no more than 1.5 inches thick.
- You need 1 Cup of Roasted Almonds.
- Prepare 2-3 Cloves of Garlic.
- It’s 2-4 Sprigs of Fresh Thyme.
- Prepare 1 of Lemon.
- Prepare 2 Tablespoons of Olive Oil.
Dip the trout into the egg; let the excess drip off, then gently Almond-crusted sustainably raised rainbow trout with chermoula. The crust, which doubles as an awesome stuffing, has a sweetness reminiscent of other The key is to cook it slowly at a low heat, to ensure that the crust doesn't burn and the fish doesn't dry out. Open this photo in gallery Place trout on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Brush with olive oil, season with salt and pepper and evenly coat each fillet with almond.
Almond Crusted Trout step by step
- Preheat Oven to 425 Degrees.
- Cut Fish into 2 inch wide filets.
- Oil 8 Inch glass baking dish. Place filets and drizzle olive oil on top. Salt/pepper to taste. Easy on salt, heavy on pepper..
- Crush almonds in mortar and pestle. Add garlic and thyme and continue to crush until semi-fine. Add salt/pepper to taste..
- Spoon almond mixture on to filets liberally. You shouldn't see the fish below the almonds..
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until fish is flaky. Rotate halfway through..
- Serve Immediately drizzling lemon on top..
How to Make Panko Almond Crusted Trout&Shrimp Bacon Hash. To make trout almondine, seasoned trout is lightly dredged in flour and seared in a pan with olive oil until browned on both sides, about six minutes. Crush two-thirds of the almonds and toss into the pan. Remove the pan immediately from the heat and, when the mixture. Share: Rate this Recipe Pulse until the almonds are very finely ground.