Sauteed Lobster. Sauteed Lobster My winter houseguest misses New England. Decided to do lobster for Valentine's day. Taste of home even if they were spiny lobsters from California.
Add sherry, and stir to deglaze the pan, carefully scraping the. The Best Sauteed Lobster Meat Recipes on Yummly Chamberlain's Pork Mignon With Lobster And Crabmeat Dynamite And Wasabi Mashed Potatoes, Maine Lobster Rolls, Lobster And Shitake Egg Nests With Sesame Butter (low Carb And Gluten Free) Sauteed Lobster. You can cook Sauteed Lobster using 6 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Sauteed Lobster
- You need 1 of lobster/person.
- It’s 3 tbsp of butter.
- It’s 1 tbsp of lemon juice.
- Prepare 1 small of orange.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp of garlic salt – divided.
- You need 1 tsp of dill weed.
If you would like to divide this recipe into two stages, you may prepare, sauté, and shell the lobster meat the day before, then finish the dish the next day by starting with melting the butter and sautéing the vegetables. To serve, you may leave the lobster in the shells. I absolutely love lobster but, because of the cost, I reserve it for a special occasion or entertaining. When the tails are on sale, I purchase extra and freeze them for several meals.
Sauteed Lobster step by step
- This recipe assumes you have intact, cooked, frozen lobsters. Allow the lobsters to thaw in the refrigerator for 24 hours..
- Remove the pincers where they attach to the body. Use a nut cracker to break the shell around the joints and claw..
- Use the tip of a small claw to dig the meat out of the pincer leg. The claw meat often comes out intact..
- Grasp the lobster tail with one hand and its body with the other. Press the tail into the body and twist to separate the tail from the body..
- Remove and discard the green gland, stomach and any veins or eggs. Rinse with cold water if needed..
- Reserve the shells and left over body parts for lobster stock..
- Place the point of a stout knife in the base of the tail. Rock the blade down the length of the tail to split it in half..
- Peel the shell away from the lobster tail meat. Each half should come out intact. Rinse under cold water to clean if necessary..
- Chop the meat into bite size portions and add the claw meat..
- In a wok or frying pan, add the butter, lemon juice, dill, garlic salt and a cut up orange. Heat to sizzling hot. Add the lobster meat and stir for 1 minute. Do not cook longer than 90 seconds if you have a pre-cooked lobster..
- Serve immediately with melted citrus butter from pan..
Occasionally, I really splurge and make a surf and turf with a small lobster tail and filet mignon. While the pasta is cooking remove the meat from the lobster and coarsely chop. In a saute pan, heat oil over medium. Add drained cooked pasta and mix well. What can be mistaken for as complicated or stressful is actually quite the opposite!