Brad's fried plantains over rice. Using plantains instead of regular rice gives this fried rice dish natural sweet flavor. Before the concert festivities began, I made a fun and flavorful plantain fried rice. I loved the sweet and slightly tangy flavors that the plantains added to the dish.
So garlic tostones are basically fried plantains that have been pre-soaked in a garlic water to give them extra flavor. The salty crunch with the softness of the rice and beans? Yeah, it becomes a very real need. You can cook Brad's fried plantains over rice using 6 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Brad's fried plantains over rice
- You need 2 of lg plantains.
- It’s of oil for frying.
- It’s 2 cups of uncooked rice.
- Prepare 4 cups of water.
- It’s 4 tsp of granulated chicken bouillon.
- Prepare 1 of small can sweetened condensed milk.
Fried ripe plantains can be found not only on tables throughout the Caribbean but in other parts of the world. For example, in the South American country of Guyana, fried ripe plantains are traditionally served with one of their national dishes, cook-up rice (rice, beans, and meat cooked with coconut milk). I will be showing how to fry plantains commonly known as dodo / Platanos Maduros. It can be served with other food such as Fried egg, Beans, Rice and many other dishes.
Brad's fried plantains over rice step by step
- In a medium saucepan start rice by adding rice, water, and bouillon. Bring to a boil uncovered. Stir, then reduce heat to a low simmer. Cover and do not stir. When water is almost absorbed, shut off heat. Leave on burner to finish..
- Meanwhile, in a frying pan. Preheat over medium, enough oil to just cover bottom of the pan..
- Peel plantains. Cut 3" long. Cut those pieces lengthwise into thin strips. Fry in oil until browned on both sides. Drain on paper towels..
- Plate rice. Put fried plantains over the top. Drizzle with sweetened condensed milk and serve..
Preparation With a small sharp knife cut ends from each plantain and halve crosswise. Cut a lengthwise slit through skin along inside curve. Fried plantains are a versatile dish that can be served at any meal. Fried plantains are a tasty and versatile dish that can be served as a breakfast, snack, starter, side dish, or main course. Try this simple and easy-to-make fried plantains recipe and you'll be hooked.