Honey Almond Corn Bread. These almond flour cornbread muffins are perfect for Thanksgiving, or any Fall Whether it's a sweet cornbread or honey cornbread muffins or just a classic southern cornbread. This gluten free cornbread is made with honey and is moist, perfectly sweet, and tender. The bread is so tender and moist – no one will ever guess that it is gluten free!
The milk I used was Silk Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk and I love it. This is not your grandmother's corn bread. I found it many years ago and it has always had the best texture — moist, sweet – melt-in-your-mouth good. You can cook Honey Almond Corn Bread using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Honey Almond Corn Bread
- It’s 1 cup of almond flour.
- Prepare 1 cup of yellow cornmeal.
- It’s 1/4 cup of sugar or blue agave.
- You need 3 tsp of baking powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp of salt.
- You need 2 of large eggs.
- It’s 1 cup of almond milk.
- It’s 2 tbsp of corn starch.
- It’s 1/4 cup of canola oil.
- You need 1/4 cup of honey.
The gritty texture of almond flour is perfect for giving the Paleo bread a crumbly A touch of honey adds natural sweetness to the cornbread without going overboard in sugar. I make the cornbread all the time without making the honey butter. But when I do make I switch the milk out with soy milk, (I think hemp or almond milk should do fine as well. A gluten free Honey cornbread and muffin mix that delivers delicious treats and is quick and With its rich, sweet flavor, our Gluten Free Honey Cornbread is a real multi-tasker.
Honey Almond Corn Bread step by step
- In a bowl, combine flour, cornmeal, sugar (if using agave, combine with wet ingredients in step 4), baking powder, and salt..
- In a small bowl, beat the eggs..
- In a separate bowl, mix corn starch and almond milk..
- Mix almond milk, oil, agave (if used), and honey into the eggs. Then, stir the wet ingredients into dry ingredients until just moisted..
- Pour into a greased 9-in square baking pan. Bake at 400 degrees F for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean..
- For a desert, spread a very small amount of honey on top, and optionally add whipped cream or sugar glaze. Serve warm..
Honey gives it a slightly sweet taste. Most people find it's difficult to eat just one piece. It's a pleasure to serve this moist cornbread to family and guests. Adapted from Martha Stewart magazine, I have changed the recipe just a bit. The original recipe calls for goat's milk.