Giz Dodo (Sauteed gizzard and ripe plantain).
You can have Giz Dodo (Sauteed gizzard and ripe plantain) using 11 ingredients and 16 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Giz Dodo (Sauteed gizzard and ripe plantain)
- It’s 2 of plantains.
- You need 2 lbs of freshly cleaned gizzzards.
- You need of vegetable oil.
- It’s 1 of onion.
- You need 2 of tomatoes.
- Prepare 3 of Red bell peppers.
- You need 1 of Green bell pepper.
- It’s of Thyme.
- Prepare of Curry.
- Prepare 1-2 of habanero pepper.
- You need of your choice of seasoning [I prefer powdered chicken stock].
Giz Dodo (Sauteed gizzard and ripe plantain) instructions
- Boil the gizzard till its soft.
- While the gizzard is boiling, slice 1 green and red bell pepper respectively.
- Chop the onions.
- Chop the tomatoes, habanero and 2 red bell pepper..
- Blend the chopped tomatoes, habanero and red bell pepper till smooth..
- Dice the gizzard and the plantains.
- Heat a pan/ wok with vegetable.
- Fry gizzard in oil.
- Fry plantains in the same pan as well and take out when ready..
- It is important to use same oil for extra flavor.
- Pour in diced onions.
- Pour in blended sauce and allow to fry.
- Season with thyme, curry and chicken stock and allow to simmer.
- Pour in both gizzard and plantain and stir.
- Pour in both of the sliced bell pepper.
- Allow to saute for about 2 mins and take off heat..