Almond jelly (soy milk + agar). Stir so the mixture is blended. Simple n easy Junquo M Hill. You can also substitute the milk with other milks like almond milk, soy milk, half and half, rice milk, or coconut milk.
Annin tofu (杏仁豆腐) or almond tofu is a soft, jellied dessert made of apricot kernel milk, (which is often translated as almond milk, as apricot kernel itself is often translated as "almond"), agar, and sugar. It is a traditional dessert of Beijing cuisine, Cantonese cuisine, and Japanese cuisine. The name "tofu" here refers to "tofu-like solid"; soy beans. You can have Almond jelly (soy milk + agar) using 6 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Almond jelly (soy milk + agar)
- It’s 50 cc of water.
- You need 250 cc of soy milk.
- It’s 30 g of sugar.
- You need 2 tsp of dried agar.
- Prepare A few of drops Almond essence.
- Prepare of Whipped cream and cut fruits (if desired).
Agar is flavourless and colourless making it a super versatile ingredient. The Almond Jelly that I used to buy came with syrup or fruit jam, but fresh fruit works perfectly as well! Whisk briskly until the gelatine is dissolved. Remove from the heat and add the remaining almond milk along with the vanilla and stevia, and whisk to combine.
Almond jelly (soy milk + agar) instructions
- Heat water in a small pot. Once boiled add dried agar and mix well on low heat..
- Add sugar and mix well..
- Separately warm soy milk to body temperature, add to the pod (2) and mix well..
- Add (3) to shot glasses and cool off to room temperature..
- Cool in fridge until firm..
- Decorate with whipped cream or cut fruits (such as mandarin orange, cherry) as you like before serving..
- FYI – dried agar bought at Mitsuwa supermarket (Japanese store) in San Jose..
Light and refreshing, Almond Jelly is a classic Asian dessert of almond-flavored jelly that can be eaten on its own or usually paired with lychee or other fresh or canned fruits. This almond jelly with lychees is one of the easiest desserts I've ever made. Place Sugar and Agar Agar (Gelling Powder) in a saucepan and mix well. Add Almond Milk and mix well, and bring to the boil, stirring well. Keep stirring till strips have dissolved.