Almond Joy Pie. Pull the pie out from the fridge and begin by tossing some of the coconut and almonds over the whipped cream. This Almond Joy Pie is pure coconut heaven! With all the sweets in our house right now, this is the one I cannot stop eating.
After the chocolate sets up a little bit, pour in the pie filling. "Can you make an Almond Joy pie?" This was the question that my son-in-law, Mike, asked. I was sure if I just typed in "Almond Joy pie" in Google, I would find something—and I did. The recipes I found did not measure up to want I wanted. You can have Almond Joy Pie using 16 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Almond Joy Pie
- You need of Crust:.
- You need 24 of Graham cracker squares, crushed into crumbs.
- You need 1/3 cup of melted butter.
- Prepare of Filling:.
- It’s 1 cup of Mini chocolate chips.
- Prepare 2 cups of toasted coconut.
- It’s 1/4 cup of Almonds, Whole or Halves (Toasted or Roasted optional).
- Prepare 2 tsp of Sliced Almonds (Toasted or Roasted optional).
- You need 4 of egg yolks.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of flour.
- You need 1/3 cup of sugar.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 2 cups of milk or unsweetened coconut milk.
- It’s 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- Prepare 2 tsp of almond extract.
- You need 1/2 tbs of butter.
No bake almond joy pie with an oreo crust, creamy coconut filling, chocolate ganache and topped with all the components of an Almond Joy candy bar! Almond Joy is a candy bar manufactured by Hershey's, consisting of whole almonds and sweetened, shredded coconut covered in milk chocolate. The company also produces Mounds, a similar confection that omits the almonds and is coated in dark chocolate. Personally, I always felt like a nut!
Almond Joy Pie step by step
- Mix melted butter and crumbs and press into 9" pie shell and bake at 350 for 12 minutes or use pre-bought pie crust..
- Layer the chocolate chips evenly in bottom, bake till chips start to melt. Set aside..
- Separate eggs and whisk yolks in a bowl. Set aside..
- In large sauce pan toast coconut over very low heat, stirring often, being careful not to burn. Set aside..
- In same sauce pan, add milk, flour, sugar, and salt. Cook milk mixture over medium heat, stirring with a whisk until it boils. Cook 1 minute..
- Temper eggs by whisking yolks constantly as you slowly add about half the hot milk mixture in the egg bowl..
- Return milk/yolk mixture to sauce pan and bring back to a boil, whisking constantly..
- Turn off heat and add extracts, butter, almonds, and 3/4 of toasted coconut..
- Mix thoroughly and pour into pie crust, garnish top with sliced almonds and remaining coconut..
- Place pie on wire rack and cool. Chill in fridge 2-4 hours or over night..
- Warm servings 20 seconds in Microwave to soften chocolate. Serve with whipped cream..
In this pie, I have recaptured this old familiar comfort food. Almond Joy Pie Almond Joy Fudge Recipe Almond Joy Cookies Pie Dessert Dessert Recipes Recipes Dinner Gold Miner's Almond Joy Cake. A super moist, delicious and rich cake loved by all! Mineral-rich raw honey, coconut, dark chocolate and almonds form a copycat Almond Joy with health benefits to boot. What more could you ask for with this luscious pie?