Platanos machos (fried plantain banana). Easy Sweet Fried Plantain Recipe-How to make video! Macho bananas (Plantains) are the largest of them all. Fried Plantains (Plátanos Fritos) are very popular all over the coastal areas and are usually served as a side dish with white rice.
Pour the orange juice mixture over it. Cooking bananas are banana cultivars in the genus Musa whose fruits are generally used in cooking. They may be eaten ripe or unripe and are generally starchy. You can have Platanos machos (fried plantain banana) using 5 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Platanos machos (fried plantain banana)
- You need 1 of at least 1 plantain per person.
- It’s 1 of sour cream.
- Prepare 1 of lechera sweetened condensed milk.
- Prepare 1 of chocolate syrup.
- You need 2 tbsp of corn oil.
Fried Plantains – Eating Made Easy. Question: I always walk by the plantains at the grocery store, and I love foods with plantains when I eat out. These fried plantain cups with shrimp and avocado salad are an awesome Latin hand-held appetizer or dinner option that will truly impress your guests! Easy recipe for fried ripe plantains or platanos maduros fritos.
Platanos machos (fried plantain banana) instructions
- Cut plantain length wise then in half so you end up with 4 pieces out of every banana..
- Heat oil in fry pan, when ready place bananas is to cook until golden brown all around and the start to carameize on the edges..
- Remove from oil and set to drain excess oil..
- In a bowl mix enough sour cream and condensed milk to where each person gets a reasonable scoop..
- Arrange nicely on individual plates, place the scoop of cream mixture on top and drizzle chocolate sauce over the whole plate..
Honduran Platanos Fritos is a very common side dish of fried plantain or banana as it is the main export of this country. It is always served as part of the plato tipico or Typical plate the national dish of Honduras. Try this Platanos Dulces (Fried Bananas) recipe, or contribute your own. Preparation Cut ends from plantains and peel fruit. Sliced ripe plantains retain a sweet, creamy center and become caramelized around the edges when fried.