Almond Chicken. Tender chicken, vegetables, and fried almonds, bathed in a soy based sauce, tastes just like a Chinese restaurant favorite. Mix sauce ingredients together in small bowl, set aside. Chicken breasts with a crunchy breadcrumb-and-almond-sliver coating are a light and satisfying springtime entree.
If you have everything lined up and ready to go in the wok, this comes together quickly. If you don't have a wok, you can use a really hot Dutch oven. I don't usually serve it over rice to save carbs, but I'm sure you can. You can cook Almond Chicken using 6 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Almond Chicken
- Prepare 2 (4 oz) of each) Chicken Breasts (Boneless/Skinless).
- It’s 1/4 C. of Sliced Almonds.
- It’s 1 Tbs. of Fresh Rosemary.
- You need 1/2 Tbs. of Dried Minced Onion.
- You need Pinch of Salt.
- You need 1 of Egg White.
Stir sour cream into sauce; pour over the chicken. Combine bread crumbs with the remaining butter; sprinkle over chicken. Chinese Almond Chicken, aka Detroit Almond Chicken or ABC Chicken, is a dish with fried chicken and mushroom gravy served over iceberg lettuce. I Love Food Good Food Yummy Food Asian Recipes Healthy Recipes Food Porn Asian Cooking Cooking Salmon English Food.
Almond Chicken step by step
- Preheat oven to 350°F..
- Make sure any visible fat is trimmed from the chicken. Place the chicken on a baking sheet that is lined with parchment paper..
- In a food processor, pulse almonds, rosemary, onions and salt together until it is the consistency of breadcrumbs..
- In a small bowl, whip the egg white some and brush onto the top of each piece of chicken. Then press almond topping evenly onto each piece of chicken..
- Bake chicken in oven for about 25 min. or until chicken is cooked through in the center..
Almond Chicken – tender and juicy chicken stir-fry with almonds, peas and carrots in Chinese brown sauce. So good and much better than takeout! So good and much better than takeout! Almond chicken is one of the most popular Chinese recipes here in the United States. Spread mayo and mustard onto chicken breasts with our Dijon-Almond Chicken Recipe!